Dry Skin

I have EXTREMELY dry skin...I live in Tennessee and when winter hits my skin is horrible...my face especially (gets so dry its flaky) I have tried everything from baby lotion to Oil of Olay and NOTHING ive tried has worked. Anyone have any suggestions?

Sunshine38585

Asked by Sunshine38585 at 9:16 PM on Jan. 17, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Drink lots of water! Get a humidifier...or put a pot of boiling water on the stove to help put moisture back into the air. Try taking an oil bath every couple of nights. You can get Bath Oil Beads or actual oil to put in the tub (be careful getting out). Or...Neutrogena makes a Dry Oil Spray (at least they used to)...it rubs into the skin really well and doesn't leave you greasy. For your face...maybe a moisture mask and a heavy moisturizer at night?
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 9:26 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• I live in harsh conditions too! I really like Burts Beeswax products. The lotions are really thick and very protective.
    Anonymous

• Since i got pregnant my face has been unbearably dry. I started using my Hydrating mask from Aveda as a moisturizer and I have noticed a big improvement. It is like a gel but extremely hydrating. I use it day and night and just leave it on.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 12:41 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• I live in tennessee too. My skin get dry during the winter. I use Bio Oil when I get out of the shower. Then I put on Jergen Ultra Healing.
    JenWard

Answer by JenWard at 10:51 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• My face actually flakes it's so dry. I use Nivea Creme. I put it on till I'm white and let it sink in. It works for me, no more flakes and lasts all day.
    wooly

Answer by wooly at 10:55 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• try this you can get it at most CVS or Walgreen's etc etc

http://www.cetaphil.com/

I love it !!!!

Anonymous

• Arbonne Skin conditioning oil.
    I have sinus and have been blowing my nose constantly for days.
    I have been putting a little on under and around my nose multiple times a day and no dry flaky skin. The oil is designed for areas that are hard to hydrate like cuticles, elbows, knees etc.
    If you are interested in ordering go to http://www.try.myarbonne.com

AussieMum2

Answer by AussieMum2 at 1:12 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Have you ever used AVON products for dry skin? I can help you with that, if you like me too?
    rosebud1221

Answer by rosebud1221 at 1:37 AM on Jan. 19, 2009