What do you think?

I've been in a relationship for a year and a half now. We moved into an apartment complex where he works as a superintendent. I work during the day in an office not as physically intensive as his job but it's mentally challenging. Every night when I get home we eat dinner and then he goes to the basement to do whatever he does there w/o saying one word to me. Usually to Bs w./ his fiend. I said something about being alone and he just said I need me time. So I watch tv then go to bed. He flipped out and said why am I always in bed or asleep when he gets back I respond...I don't have anything to stay up for.. I feel I don't. Im seriously considering leaving him for good because If Im going to be alone all the time I might as well be alone by myself..am I wrong

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:32 PM on Jul. 18, 2008 in Relationships

• no you are not wrong. loneliness is what distroys more marriages than anything else. if you are lonely talk to him about it in very small words. if it doens't change, walk. he won't change in teh long term ot keep you happy if he wont' do it in the short term to keep you.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 11:53 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• No you are not wrong. Talk to him & tell him how you feel. Tell him either he gives you more "us" time or you are gone. You understand giving him his space but it is hurting your alone time. I would feel the same way you do.
    HelenStoner

Answer by HelenStoner at 2:35 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• No, I agree with you. Where you are expected to show him respect and love, he also needs to show you respect and love. If he doesn't even deem it important to spend a few hours a night with you, it sounds like he has a decision to make - the basement or you.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 2:36 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• My husband as well have VERY busy lifes. He works from 7-5 and I go to school 630-11 so we cross over the hour and a half I'm getting ready. So we have a plan to spend 2 hours each saturday and sunday as family time the rest is lazy hours or own time my time is always with the baby which I wouldn't have it any other way though. Ask him maybe just for a few hours a few days a week. But stand up for yourself to him cause your right no relationship works on a one way road its two ways!!
    motherofzander

Answer by motherofzander at 3:19 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• yea girl i think ur right...u should talk to him and see what he wants y is he acting that way...i don't get to see my husband that often he works form 3:00 am and get out at 8:30 then he goes to his other job at 10:00 and gets out t 6:30 ...he does spend time with us ..for a while then we all go to sleep ...but he has not done that to me if he ever did girl i will tell him what up..
    mommy118

Answer by mommy118 at 3:53 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• good grief what does he expect you to do? that seems very disrespectful
    Anonymous