Problem with playtex bottles

Does anyone have a problem with the new BPA free playtex vent air bottles? The numbers are rubbing off. I've only had them about 1 month and have not put them in the dishwasher and I can't read the ounces because the numbers are rubbing off. Just wondering if anyone else had this problem...they are expensive - how frustrating!

expectoct

Asked by expectoct at 9:25 PM on Jan. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I never used those types of bottles, but I swear by the gerber nuks or the gerber bottles that are shaped triangler. I really like those. And they are't as expensive.
    darkpoetess

Answer by darkpoetess at 9:27 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• i hated those we used the playtex drop ins and i love those.
    Wyattsmom205

Answer by Wyattsmom205 at 9:27 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• Some of mine did that. I got to where as soon as I bought new ones, I used a permanent marker to trace over all the numbers. This helped.

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 9:27 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• Yes! I noticed that the other day on mine, I had to mark mine with a sharpie
    efmeador0709

Answer by efmeador0709 at 9:27 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• I used the ventaires but I don't think that they were BPA free. I would just use a sharpie to mark the lines or trace over the numbers. I have sippies that aren't marked so I used a sharpie to mark them at 2 oz increments. I have to remark every other wash.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:01 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• Yeah they did the same thing to me, they are really good with the colic though, as far as less air, but you are right they are really expensive and the numbers faded and rubbed off then eventually they began to leak around the bottom where the clear plastic vent thing goes. We went to drop-ins, they do good, but we just got regulAR bottles now bc the colic stage is pretty much over with (THANK GOODNESS!!)
    Baby_Kisses08

Answer by Baby_Kisses08 at 10:38 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• Yes, I am having the same issue! I used the same kind with my daughter but they were the older model and I had no issues with those. It's just this new kind, I think I has something to do with them being BPA free...
    LeahMK

Answer by LeahMK at 10:42 AM on Feb. 13, 2009