Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone have any advice? I am in a relationship malfunction and I have nowhere to turn to.

My BF and I have a beautiful son together, but we fight everyday, and pretty much can't stand each other. He told me to get out of his house, but I have nowhere to go. I have no car, no license, and no job. I have already worn out my welcome at my mom's house, and I can't move in there. His mom's isn't an option. *ick*
I am so sad and alone right now, i'm trying to be strong for my son. Its hard, especially when my BF says horrible things to me and puts on a happy face in front of everyone else, especially his parents. If I moved into a homeless shelter or shelter for domestic abuse victims, his parents would go ape, but at this point, I really could care less, I'm so desperate. Does anyone know of anything, like section 8 or some sort of single mother assistance? I don't even know where to start. I feel like a failure, but I just need to get out of here!!!

Answer Question

Asked by odinsmom19 at 9:32 PM on Jan. 17, 2009 in Relationships

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (5)
  • I don't have any advice for you, but I send you a hug--you will get through this.

    Answer by coala at 9:50 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

  • Section 8 usually has a waiting list but if you go to a shelter you go to the head of the list in many offices. I know in my area there are no vouchers available for section 8 but the housing projects has openings so it's at least worth a try to call the housing office and see what is available to you.

    Answer by admckenzie at 9:52 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

  • Call your local welfare office. They will have the most info and they will be able to direct you to where you need to go for any and all assistance you may need for the time being. If you need any help feel free to message me.

    Answer by micrespo at 10:10 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

  • Go To A Shelter! No Need To Put Up With His Sh*t, They Will Help You Get On Your Feet.




    Answer by Kari_Noelle at 11:40 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

  • First go to church and ask for help there. Then go to the welfare office and get assistance. Then from there get you a job, daycare for your son, and the reassurance that you can do it. Be strong and remember God will get you through this. Then show your BF you don't need him or his brand of BS

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:02 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.