Something in my baby's eye

My 8 month old has had something that looks like a fuzz or some hair in her eye. It has been there for 4 days now. I have left it alone thinking it would come out on its own but it hasnt. She wont let me keep her eye open any to get it out. What should I do? Im worried its hurting her eye or bothering her. She has been cranky the last few times and I wonder if thats why.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:44 PM on Jan. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'd probably drop liquid tears in her eye to try to rinse it out. They wouldn't sting. You could ask the pharmacist for a good product. But, I'm thinking 4 days.... I'd take her to the doctor or an urgent care clinic and get it removed for sure.

Answer by Bmat at 9:50 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• Try to flush the eye out. with warm water. Do not let the baby rub its eye as it could cause cornea damage. If your baby is very very fussy and acts as if the eye bothers her, is sensitive to light, call your eye doctor immediately. Regular doctors will "treat" such a thing but they do not have the special tools that an eye doctor has to make sure that your baby has not scratched her cornea.
    SmileyMoo

Answer by SmileyMoo at 9:52 PM on Jan. 17, 2009