When did you take your first vacation after having a baby? did you go with or without baby?:)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:47 PM on Jan. 17, 2009 in Travel

• My DD was 4 months, it was our 1 yr anniverary and we went to St. Augustine FL for the weekend without her
    efmeador0709

Answer by efmeador0709 at 9:48 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• We went to Floridia a year after our son was born and NOOOOO we didn't take him lol.
    However, I will say we don't ever have babysitters so we were very grateful for our alone time and didn't feel guilty leaving him.
    Anonymous

• We took my son at 2 months to Ocean City NJ to the beach. Lets put it this way....I will never do it againg! Too young! We did take him to Florida at 5 months by car and it is a 18 hour trip from where we live. We drove through the night. The car ride was awful so I dont recomend that. he didnt do so well down there. But you have to understand that I have a baby who wont eat or sleep in public! Makes for one fussy baby so we didnt do much. I am waiting until he can at least walk well before I try another vacation. lol
    Scoobersmom

Answer by Scoobersmom at 10:03 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• We took our first daughter on her first vacation when she was about 18 months old. We went camping (in a tent) and took her to an amusement/water park. When our second child came along we returned to the same area, but stayed in a hotel instead since our second child was only 6 months old.
    soccermom0002

Answer by soccermom0002 at 11:05 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• first vacation I took after baby was when she was 6 or 7 months.. we took her as well. she had a blast. we went to dutch country, PA, and gettysburg. but we made sure to schedule our driving to match her naps.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 2:19 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• I PLAN ON VACATIONING WITH MY NEWBORN! IN JULY WE'RE DOING WI DELLS- AND A BAHAMAS CRUISE FOR OUR ANNIVERSARY THIS YEAR- NOV.
    I JUST DONT LIKE TRAVELING PREGNANT!
    I WANT TO LOOK BETTE IN A BIKINNI- LOL
    BUT I HAVE THIS GREAT TIMESHARE THAT LETS ME BUY THE EXTRA VACATIONS LEFT OVER FOR HALF PRICE! ANYONE WANT ACCESS JUST LET ME KNOW!!
    KITTYLITTLES

Answer by KITTYLITTLES at 11:59 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Our oldest was 3 months and we went to Indiana for christmas and then to NY for a friends wedding. We have learnt to pack lighter. I was a very easy trip as he wasn't mobile yet.

Our youngest was 3 months on her first trip to Australia. Our oldest was 23 months. That was a little more tricky. The baby was easy it was the 23 month old who was a challenge. He wanted to be a big boy around the water (sydney harbour) and didn't want to hold hands. There is just 2 loose chains strung thru woods posts, so he could have easily fallen in. Other than our oldest keeping us busy it was a great trip.
    AussieMum2

Answer by AussieMum2 at 12:00 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• My son was 4 months old and it was a four hour flight. He went with us and we all had a great time! (except everyone on the plane for about 10 minutes when we first took off, remember to put a pacifer in the babies mouth or a bottle or nurse him while taking off and while landing so his ears dont hurt!!!) lol.
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 1:26 AM on Feb. 28, 2009