How do I make face paint?

My sons bday party is tomorrow & I need to make face paint, thinking of going with the shortening corn starch recipe.... wondering if anyone has had any luck with it.

momof4qtz

Asked by momof4qtz at 2:38 PM on Jul. 18, 2008 in Hobbies & Crafts

• NEver heard of it I only know how to make eatable playdough
    motherofzander

Answer by motherofzander at 3:15 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• I used to, years ago, be the face painting lady at my son's school functions. I just used my acrylic craft paint in the little pots and no one ever had a problem but I can't say whether or not you should use it these days. LOL, big help, yes?
    Hugs,
    Thislittlekitty - sorry for no sig, dumbo here doesn't understand the rules for adding one.
    Thislittlekitty

Answer by Thislittlekitty at 8:57 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• This is the easiest recipe I have:

1/2 cup cornstarch

1 cup cold water

1 envelope unflavored gelatin

2 cups boiling water

How to make it:

In a saucepan, mix cornstarch with 3/4 cup of cold water to a smooth paste.  Soak gelatin in 1/4 cup of cold water.  Set aside until ready to use.  Pour boiling water slowly into the cornstarch mixture, stirring as you pour.  Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils and clears.  Remove from heat.  Stir in gelatin.  Cool and divide into separate containers.  Stir a different food coloring or poster paint into each container until well blended.  Make about 2 1/2 cups.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:29 AM on Jul. 19, 2008

• I use water color paints. mixed thickly they are ok to eat and certainly easier than making your own.
    Lyndall

Answer by Lyndall at 11:12 AM on Jul. 19, 2008