Planters Wart

My three year old has a wart on the bottom of her foot. When she went for her three year check up the Dr. said to just put Compound W on it and it would clear up in a few weeks. Its still there....I have been using the Compound W bandaids but had a hard time getting her to keep them on now that the wart is starting to go away she says the bandaids burn it....Has anyone else dealt with this? Any suggestions?

Sunshine38585

Asked by Sunshine38585 at 9:52 PM on Jan. 17, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Ask your doctor about alternate treatments. My niece had a problem with warts on her foot and the doctor gave her Prilosec. It worked. I know it sounds funny, but talk to your doctor, they might be able to give you other ideas.
    Anonymous

• We just went through this with our 2 year old. We couldn't keep a bandaid on her foot so we used the liquid wart remover. First you clean the area and then put the liquid on and let it dry(a few seconds) and that is all, you can do it twice a day. Good luck.
    Duckieglc

Answer by Duckieglc at 10:00 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• sounds strange, but true...pediatrician told me to put a patch of duct tape over the wart for 7 days without removing it. On 7th day, take it off for one day, then put duct tape back on for seven more days. Keep doing this process until the wart is gone. On the day the duct tape comes off, take a finger nail file, and gently file over the wart to soften and loosen the skin. It actually does work.
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 10:08 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• it burns b/c the medicine in the bandaid eats at the skin to get rid of the wart. my mom gets them on the same foot each year w/o fail. someitmes as many as 5-7 all in the same area. there are always indentions on her foot wear the bandaid was and ate her skin
    Anonymous

• I used stuff specifically made for plantar's warts. Like Duckie mentioned, it was a liquid wart remover. Just put it on a couple times a day and let it dry. It doesn't hurt and from what I can remember, never ate through my skin.

I had mine when I was about 13 so it's been awhile.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 10:04 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• sorry I had my planter's warts burned off by the doctor. I have heard duct tape works too but it has to be the grey really sticky kind. Give it a try. Worse thing that can happen is you have to go back with more traditional meds.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 7:09 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• my sd had this and her bm did nothing to help her so i bought the liquid remover and in 2 weeks was poof gone and sd was just so happy ( kids made fun of her ) i would try the liquid like it was said above just apply and blow a few times to dry it. it smells icky but it seems to work xo
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 8:24 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• I would try the liquid wart remover. Make it part of her bedtime routine...maybe after her bath. I would NOT give any child Prilosec, PERIOD. I heard the gray duct tape works, may be worth a try.
    kaystar7

Answer by kaystar7 at 10:21 PM on Jan. 18, 2009