I'm on this no sugar diet and how do you not starve??? Need some recipes and snacks etc. Also, will taking a fiber supplement help me feel more full?

Ok, so my uncle swears by this,no sugar,he said the weight fell off him.I'm trying it also trying to eat a lot healthier too, no more red meat. We replaced it with turkey, some pork here and there too and chicken. So I'm asking because my tum tum is GROWLING right now.how do you eliminate sugar and eat less and healthier and not starve! It seems like now, I am always hungry and I feel bad for my hubby he is too! I eat 3-4 small meals a day, he eats the same but larger portions. Anyone have any good recipes, snacks, drinks, that are healthy sugar-free or very low sugar. My hubby has diabetes in his fam and I have heart disease in mine, we are changing how we eat before our daughter starts eating because we dont want to pass the bad habits on to her. Thanks to anyone who can help me out!!! Its also hard for me to cook healthy b/c I grew up cooking "comfort food".

laurenparent

Asked by laurenparent at 10:01 PM on Jan. 17, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Ok. I know you're not going raw but there is a website with thousands of raw food recipes. They're super healthy and you can find snacks to make. Some of the stuff on there is SO GOOD. It's all made from nuts, fruit, and/or veggies. I always refer it to people who are dieting.

http://goneraw.com

It's a popular site and their servers suck so it's a bit slow. But well worth it IMO. You can find all sorts of yummy foods to make that are so healthy for you. A lot of the recipes you need a blender, food processor, and/or dehydrator. But some you don't need anything special for.

I once made these almond crackers that tasted like wheat thins but were more healthy.
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 10:06 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• Hmmmm....well I think that you need to continue to eat the "good" sugars. Those found in fruits (not juice) are very good for you. Avoid processed sugars such as those in candy, white bread, etc. Also, protein is what fills you up. Have a little protein for each meal and you will not feel hungry. You should also be eating 5-6 small meals a day. For example Breakfast: 2 eggs, 1 serv. cheese, apple Snack: Turkey Jerky Lunch: Cesear salad with chicken Snack: Protein bar Dinner: Salmon with veggies and brown rice Snack: Protein shake. This really helped me lose weight and tone muscle and I was NEVER hungry!
    hgibsonorc

Answer by hgibsonorc at 11:14 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• I hope this is only refined sugar and not whole sugar i.e. fruit.

I eat a diet of fruit and greens predominantly. Fruits and greens contain all the nutrients the body needs.

Just eat as much fruit as you desire before every meal and a large green salad daily.

keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 3:12 PM on Jan. 18, 2009