does it make you mad..

when you plan a baby shower and you spend ALL day long creating your baby registry and specifically put in the invite nicely to have people use the registry but they still dont? this is my 3rd kid..w my 1st, only one person used the registry, w my 2nd i didnt even bother, and i dont have Anything this time around becuase i got rid of it all before i moved this past summer..i REALLY need people to use the registry and no one has so far..it really pisses me off..am i the only one that gets mad over that? or am i being selfish?

tnteaton

Asked by tnteaton at 10:04 PM on Jan. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Its logical for people to use the registry. Some people just prefer not to. Be grateful for what you get. It doesn't make you selfish, try not to think about it too much... Just know, that some things can be returned. :)
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 10:07 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• I always buy from a registry when going to a baby shower. Also, if they forget to tell the sales person it's from the registry then they don't update their computer and you still get duplicates of everything!

Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 10:08 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• I just did my registry today. I'll be honest: I'll be pissed if no one looks at it. You ask me what I need and I give you a list and you don't look at it? Dumb.
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 10:08 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• I had one baby shower, well because I had only one kid so far..but the same thing happened to me and I was SO pissed off. I didnt plan mine, my MIL and my hubby's aunts had it for me. My MIL told me to go to Babies R US and Target and Burlington Coat factory and have the lists made, so I wasted all that time on picking the stuff out that I wanted...and NO ONE bought ANY of it. All I got was some useless bullsh*t that people had laying around their house and like 5 outfits from walmart that every trailer park kid in america is going to have! And the useless stuff they did get me didnt have receipts because I think they got it all on clearance or they stole it...so I was stuck with it.

I personally dont think you are being selfish, if I ever have a baby shower again I am putting on the invite.THIS IS WHAT I NEED and NOTHING ELSE. THANKS.
    laurenparent

Answer by laurenparent at 10:10 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• I always thought a baby shower was to get friends and family together to celebrate and the gifts were just a bonus!
    I'm sorry but I think you are being completely selfish and are having a shower for the wrong reasons. Or maybe I'm the screwed up one here IDK.
    Anonymous

• lol my baby shower was a nightmare! i won't go into details, but something weird/sweet/funny/odd whatever is somebody gave us their used pack n play and actually took the time to mark it off of our registry. I was grateful to have it, but still, wth? lol
    Anonymous

• im sorry i agree i think its selfish. i think it should be considered when they pick out a gift, but doesnt HAVE to be followed. gifts to me are a bonus as well.

MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 10:25 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• well, do you guys still think im selfish since i Can't afford to buy my child any of this stuff?? IT'S REALLY IMPORTANT THAT THESE PEOPLE LOOK AT THIS LIST BECUASE IM TOO POOR AS HER MOTHER TO BUY IT MYSELF! NONE OF IT! I CAN'T EVEN AFFORD A PACK OF DIAPERS! i know now what you're probably thinking, don't have a baby then. well babies arent planned. tell me Now that im Still selfish. and its a time for family to get together? that's why half my family will be in las vegas than at my baby shower. thanks to those who Understand why im getting so irritated that i spent the time finding the things that i need and put it on a list for people to look at and think im Not being selfish. it's not like im bitching at any of my shower guests. im definately keeping it to myself, it just irritates me.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 10:32 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• I think it's ridiculousfor you to have a shower for your third. And gifts are... well... GIFTS. You should appreciate whatever you get.

Anonymous

• You asked if people thought it was selfish. Some do.
    Anonymous