So, my GYN put his finger in my butt-hole??

I had to go for a reagular check-up, but we just moved, so I had to go to a new doc. Well, this doctor "surprised" me (to say the very least) buy putting his finger in my butthole. Umm...I am 25 years old and I have been to the Gynecologist many times and never have any one of them put a finger in my ass. Have any of you ladies experienced this? Is this common practice? What should I do? Who should I talk to? I am really uncomfortable with this so I am posting anon. Sorry I ususally don't :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:10 PM on Jan. 17, 2009 in Health

• Um, mine never has, and did he tell he was going to do it or did he just do it? Was anyone else in the room with you two? Did you say anything?
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 10:11 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• Thats werid the only time doctor stuck anything by butt hole is when the do that test thingy when your pregnanat...
    MiSs.SmOkEy

Answer by MiSs.SmOkEy at 10:12 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• When I found out I was prego I had to chose a new OBGYN because my GYN didn't do OB. The new OBGYN gave me a regular pap and did the same thing. He stuck his finger up my butt and then told me to push as if I was having a bowel movement. I found it quite wierd as well. Never had any other gyno do that. So strange....I was just talking about this with my mother today and it happened over a year ago...
    Mommy2Dallas731

Answer by Mommy2Dallas731 at 10:13 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• ditto, that has NEVER happened to me except when they did the strep b test while pregnant. sorry that it happened to you.
    maemaesmom

Answer by maemaesmom at 10:14 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• theyll sometimes do that if they cannot find out what they need to by feeling in your vagina.
    its normal IF THEY could not get that information by feeling from your vag.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 10:14 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• It's normal. I'm sure you were uncomfortable with it, but I don't think it was a walk in the park for the Doctor either:)
    Anonymous

• I'm the OP: No he did not tell me he was going to do it first I did not say anything because I was so embarrassed I didn't know what to say I am not pregnant and I haven't been for 2 years so that wouldn't make any sense...He wasn't doing any tests for anything. The nurse kept going in and out of the room to do god knows what so at that doing no, she wasn't in the room, basically she was in the room for maybe 2 minutes out of the whole exam. It was THE MOST UNCOMFORTABLE exam I have ever had, and I am not like that at all. I usually just go with the flow, I know what to expect and I know what has to be done, but this really threw me !

Anonymous

• ALWAYS make sure you are told what is going to be done to you when your at any doctors office!
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 10:17 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• only thing i can think is he was checking for hemmorhoids, but that's pretty weird....I'd switch docs or something if you're not comfortable with him or lack of female supervision
    Anonymous

• it's normal, my dr does it... but he always tells me before he touches me anywhere.. be glad that he is checking for anything that may possible be wong!!!
    VictinaG

Answer by VictinaG at 10:30 PM on Jan. 17, 2009