How long do you think it takes for your significant other to truely commit? How would you feel about it?

My significan other lives outside of california. It makes me kinda sad because of that. I believe that god will work it out. We have alot in common. I won't go into detail just that hes no longer married but he does have kids. I really feel that i love him. He loves me too. I pray alot about it. Even though its tough.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:14 PM on Jan. 17, 2009 in Relationships

• My husband and I met in 2001 - he was in Ohio and I was in Texas. I went through a divorce, I needed time to grow up, heal, and figure myself out. My husband also needed to find out what he wanted, finish school, etc. We dated other people and kept in touch on and off.. we knew there was a great relationship there - just bad timing. Finally, he moved down here in Sept 2005, we got engaged Dec 2005. We married in March 2006. :) I think it's really going to depend on the couple - what else they have going on in their life, etc.
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 10:19 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• My SO and I have been together for 6 years. We now have a 6 mo old dd. I am still waiting on the proposal. Getting a little frustrated. I want him to finish committing, but I have to wait on him. We have a great relationship and I don't want to be anywhere else. I also know that if I gave him an ultimatum he would let me walk. He is the kind of person that won't chase you down. I wish you all the luck.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:30 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• My SO And I Have Known Each Other For Years. We've Dated Almost Three Years Been Engaged For Half That Time But The Wedding Date Keeps Getting Changed. As A Matter Of Fact It JUST Got Pushed Back Another SIX Months, So When He Is Ready I Guess We Will Get Married.
    Kari_Noelle

Answer by Kari_Noelle at 1:04 AM on Jan. 18, 2009