Pregnancy Test Questions (probably the trillionth one on cafemom but oh well :-)

Okay - I am 1 day late. No biggie. I took a pregnancy test and I sat and stared at it for a minute or so and it showed negative. I tossed it in the trash and went about my business. About 45 minutes later I was in the bathroom and for some reason felt the urge to check it again. I held it up and there is a positive blue line, but pretty faint. Could this mean I'm pregnant or is it some sort of error because it was slanted in the trashcan for so long?
Just curious and thanks for reading!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:17 PM on Jan. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• your not supposed to read results after 10 minutes or w/e the directions say
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 10:18 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• Well, it says to read it within a certain amount of time due the evaporation line will show. BUT when I was pregnant with my son I took a test...it was negative....stuck in my drawer (don't ask me why), came back an hour later to throw away and it was positive. Yep, I was pregnant.
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 10:18 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• no thats inaccurate after whatever the time says on the directions.

read the directions and im sure it will answer your questions better than ANYONE on here can.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 10:18 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• take another one tomorrow morning. Use your first morning urine.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 10:22 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• I worked in a doctors office and did a urine test on a patient. I waited to allotted 5 minutes and the test was neg--I went back a few minutes later and the test was positive--she was pregnant. I would take another test, but use first morning urine. It has higher concentrations of HCG.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:37 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• take another one..w my 2nd, i peed on the stick, but not enough. so i put it down to come back and go again..well when i came back i also had that faint line there..so did the other 5 tests i took the next day..all faint..
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 10:43 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• Okay I took it again this morning totally correctly and there is a very faint blue line...I guess I'm pregnant? WOW I'm happy but I sure wish I had health insurance!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on Jan. 18, 2009