How do I get my son to sleep through the night??

He is 15 months old and goes to bed at 8:30 and gets up by midnight I have to rock him back to bed until one and he gets a bottle n changed and if I let him cry it only gets worse.

jimmysmom0907

Asked by jimmysmom0907 at 10:22 PM on Jan. 17, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• He might be going to bed too early. Try moving him to 9:30pm for awhile. Give him a bath and a warm bottle and he should sleep. Thats what my daughter has to have and she sleep really good now. She's only 5 months old too!
    calliesmommy08

Answer by calliesmommy08 at 10:28 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• my son has been going to sleep for the whole night since he was 6 months old. my secret is giving him a routine. and try your hardest not to break that routine. i give him a full dinner at around 6pm, a nice warm bubble bath at 7pm with a massage (try using the nighttime lavender soap and lotion) and his last bottle (or breastfeeding) at 7:30pm. try to stay in a dark area and quiet area. if your baby wakes up you may want to let him cry even if it gets worse. its only like that for a few days and as time goes by you'll see that the crying span will eventually lessen to the point where theres no crying at all. the first time i did this my son not only cried he screamed for 45 minutes and it broke my heart. but now he goes to sleep with no problem... Good Luck
    gsoto1031

Answer by gsoto1031 at 10:53 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• I found CIO to be a miserable failure. What worked here? I stopped worrying about it. I don't sleep a whole night so it's silly of me to expect my son to. If he woke, I went to him. Much easier.

Check out "The No Cry Sleep SOlution."

Answer by gdiamante at 1:32 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• I second the No Cry Sleep Solution. It worked wonderfully! My son had never once slept through the night before that book and now he sleeps perfectly. It required NO crying(I'm very much against CIO) and it worked within the first 10 days.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 6:18 PM on Jan. 18, 2009