Tricare

Since my Tricare Has been working since dh left for bootcamp. I can go see doctors now right? aslo Is it better to cancle my medical and just keep tri care

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:06 PM on Feb. 13, 2012 in Military

• If you are living on or near a Base I would just use Tricare and go to the hospital on post. But if you are living in a non military home, or somewhere that might not take full Tricare, I would keep your Medicaid or medical and use it as a secondary.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 7:10 PM on Feb. 13, 2012

• Yes, you can use Tricare. If he signed you up for it. If it is off a post doctor it will cost you $12 copay. And a small co pay for meds.

Answer by louise2 at 7:31 PM on Feb. 13, 2012

• If you go to an MTF (medical treatment facility) on base, there won't be any costs. If you don't live near a base yet, I'd keep your medical insurance until DH gets orders and you are near a base.
    laird6372

Answer by laird6372 at 1:09 AM on Feb. 14, 2012

• If you have prime and your doc accepts it you won't pay for anything but meds and that is if you fill them off base. I lived too far away from base and never paid for visits. My husband did not have it coming out of his pay. Just dental.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 10:54 AM on Feb. 17, 2012

• Before you cancel your medical just remember you can have tricare as ur primary and whatever u have as ur secondary.
    And also remember that not all drs accept tricare. So ask before u go or make an appo
    usmcwife.mommy2

Answer by usmcwife.mommy2 at 1:19 PM on Feb. 18, 2012

• If you live near a military installation or on one as most spouses do then you can go to just tricare without any issues, you just have to see a military provider. Here at Ft. Riley we are allowed to see doctors on post or off, but most places you are only allowed to go on base unless you have a referral to go off post. If you are still at home I would wait until you go to DH's first duty station so you aren't stuck trekking to the nearest provider.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 11:22 PM on Feb. 19, 2012

• tricare only is best! And you have to go to a miltary approv ed and referred doc!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 8:14 PM on Feb. 27, 2012

• IF you do not live near the base then it might be better to keep both.
    NaiveDream

Answer by NaiveDream at 3:45 PM on Mar. 23, 2012