An anonymous person called me and said my son was being abused at school.

I get a call around 3:30 this afternoon from a local number, the caller immediately hung up then called back from a withheld number. They left a message saying that they wanted to stay anonymous but they wanted to tell me that my son is being hit with rulers at school. He even called my son by his name.
Afterwards i called my husband and i told him what happened and immediately went home and he listened the message as well. He found the phone number the person called from and called them back. The person answered and my DH had a short conversation. basically, "you called and left a message from this phone, you sound like the same person tell me whats going on." then the person hung up.
about 20 minutes later i receive a text from the person asking who i was and what i wanted. i basically just wrote him a text back saying i just want information and how i know it's him, i told him i wasn't going to get him in trouble and i just wanted information. he never texts me back but calls instead.
i answer the phone and he tells me the teachers by name that are hitting my son and i asked him when it happens, he says when my son is out of control (he has ADD and is currently in a special ed class that's supposed to be teaching him to control his behavior)
After i hung up with him i get a text again saying to please keep him anonymous but that the other teacher they're with pushes my son down and to call the school.

What would you do in this situation? i want to get a lawyer immediately. I feel like if i speak with the school first they'll sweep it under the rug. i still have the text message and the original voice mail and maybe a lawyer will be able to pull my phone call with the person for more evidence.

also, we're pretty sure it's one of the kids in his class. He's doing a good thing.

alexsmommy51405

Asked by alexsmommy51405 at 7:56 PM on Feb. 13, 2012 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I think he will be a hero, not a victim,, and you need to call the police, and then a lawyer,,so sorry momma.
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 8:00 PM on Feb. 13, 2012

• Talk to your son get him psychologist and get a lawyer.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:01 PM on Feb. 13, 2012

• First, I wouldn't send him back to school until you get to the bottom of this. I'm assuming your son is able to verbalize well; has he mentioned fearing going to school?

BrawnwynII

Answer by BrawnwynII at 8:01 PM on Feb. 13, 2012

• I want to be clear. I recommend a psych because they will help with the he said she said. they can determin what actually happened and who is truthful. In your case.. your child.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:02 PM on Feb. 13, 2012

• Wow, what a scary situation. I would defiantly call a lawyer first and get their advice. But do so ASAP, and I wouldn't send my son back to that class until you find the truth!
    JaxonsMomma22

Answer by JaxonsMomma22 at 8:02 PM on Feb. 13, 2012

• How old is your son?
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 8:22 PM on Feb. 13, 2012

• Almost 7
    alexsmommy51405

Comment by alexsmommy51405 (original poster) at 8:30 PM on Feb. 13, 2012

• Has your son expressed his fears,shown anxiety about school,anything that would confirm what this anon person said?
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 8:41 PM on Feb. 13, 2012

• Keep your son home. Ask him what is going on at school and see if he confirms anything the caller said. If he does .. check with a lawyer on how to proceed.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:51 PM on Feb. 13, 2012

• Wait, so who do you think called? The child? The parent of the child? Someone who works in the school? I would go make an appointment with a lawyer before you say anything to the school. I definitely wouldn't be taking him back until you have this cleared. I just wouldn't want to tip off the school if you plan to seek legal action unless you think it might be happening to other children or that the school wouldn't just try to cover it up.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 8:58 PM on Feb. 13, 2012