Terrible 1's help please!!

ok nobody ever tells you about the terrible 1s. my daughter is 14 months old, and when she wants to be shes amazing, but her tantrums n fits are almost like she's colic. and i dont expect this to be all rainbows & sunshine, but i feel like i have post pardum depression thats how bad it is. i need any suggestions and maybe some words of encouragement so i kno im not alone...please. thank you thank you thank you.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:26 PM on Jan. 17, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my son is only 10 months and already acting like this too.. wish i could help but i'm still figuring it ou myself LOL :) good luck
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 10:28 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• Please feel free to pm me. I have ILs in town and might take 24 hours or so... But I know how frustrating it is to be at your wits end. Sometimes some camaraderie and a little perspective can make all the difference :) When mine was 14 months old I was 3 months off from having our second, lol. I know how trial some it can be! Sometimes their cognition levels at that age require different approaches or tacits you might not have considered... Or sometimes it's just nice to hear that you are doing everything right and it just takes time :) Again, please PM if you have a chance.

CooksWife

Answer by CooksWife at 10:33 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• I understand where you are coming from. My son is 22 months old and has been going through his "terrible 2's" since he was 13 months old and it is still going. I am hoping this isn't just the beginning. The only advise I can give is hang in there and get help when you need it. Get time for yourself and dont feel guilty having someone watch her for a couple hourse while you get a massage or going to get your hair done. DO SOMETHING FOR YOU!!!!
    crazyfilly

Answer by crazyfilly at 1:56 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• My little Dizzy Devil, as her father nicknamed her, is 16 months old. (My nickname is Taz). She is non-stop. From morning to night. She is the sweetest thing one minute and screaming the next. You are not alone. I have a 15 year old daughter and she was never this, uh...curious, as my dad says. I hear that a bad baby makes for a good teenager. I hope so. The best is she was such a good baby. Slept all night, hardly cried. Now she is a terror. Right now she is choking the cat so I've gotta go. Good Luck to us all.
    TheNeverLady

Answer by TheNeverLady at 11:22 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• my 13 month old bites and hits now, I just try not to react besides saying "we don't bite (or whatever he is doing) and if he can't calm down I put him in time out in his crib for a few minutes.
    Also taught him a few signs for things he wants like milk, food(hungry) and "all done" seems to have helped him keep his cool
    rhiannon425

Answer by rhiannon425 at 2:03 PM on Jan. 18, 2009