water break

what does it feel like when your water breaks?

dared2lovexx

Asked by dared2lovexx at 10:27 PM on Jan. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• a warm gush that you cannot control (unlike pee where you can tighten your vagina muscles and it can stop)
    it may either be a gush, or it can trickle out but a good amount trickle.
    Anonymous

• It felt like a water balloon popped and then a warm gush.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:31 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• Mine was a trickle that went on for a couple days. I went into the hospital, one test said it was the other said no. I know I was NOT peeing on myself.
    Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 10:36 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• teacher mom when that happened to you, were you having strong contractions or no? or any softly??
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 10:37 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• i dont know what the trickle feels like cuz i never had it..w my 2nd, it felt like she was gonna pop out all at once and then i felt the Nastiest warm gush of fluid that went on for a good few seconds...if its a gush, trust me, you'll know what just happened..
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 10:39 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• Yah, kinda like peeing. Except coming from a different place: higher/farther back.

I went through this for a while, too. I had to wear heavy maxi pads & change them frequently-- should've bought stock in the company, lol!! ;-P

It was like a really really heavy period gush. The baby's head would cork, then uncork, cork, then uncork. I wet through my pants sometimes-- I'd have to hold stuff in front of me if I wasn't at home.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 11:07 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• I was convinced that I was just having bladder control issues. It felt exactly the same, except in larger amounts than usual. I went through a maxi pad about every 20 minutes, and I managed to completely soak my shorts. The fluid was clear, and my urine was yellow, and I was still peeing as much as normal. The fluid eventually turned pink, from the blood when I was dilating.
    If I sat for awhile, then stood up, I'd get a pretty good gush.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:26 AM on Jan. 18, 2009