How do I solve my insecurity problem?

Im insecure about my weight and so jealous when my fiance stares at other woman, makes me feel sad inside and i also get angry with him.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:58 PM on Jul. 18, 2008 in Relationships

• Start taking walks. Walk for at least 30 minutes a day. Even if you don't lose any weight - the endorphins in your body will kick in and you will feel so sexy and good about yourself!

And - I would talk to him about his staring at other women. Let him know that you don't feel comfortable with your own self-image right now and that he needs to be a little more discreet.

He'll always look but he doesn't have to make it quite so obvious.
    lrobles1983

Answer by lrobles1983 at 3:03 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• First of all, he should NOT be looking at other woman, especially right in front of you! That's so unloving and disrespectful! But if you are serious about getting in shape and want it for YOU, then that's awesome! I really love the South Beach Diet. It's not like an actual diet, it pretty much just teaches you how to eat right and you lose a lot of weight in the process. As far as exercising, walking is a good start. If you can join a gym. The SBD has a new book in it's collection called The South Beach Diet Supercharged, this book gives you exercises to do along with each phase of the diet. Good luck!
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 3:34 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• You and I will have to disagree on men looking at other women. It's just human nature. It doesn't bother me at all that he looks - as long as he's not slobbering all over her.
    I trust my husband enough I guess and don't worry about that type of stuff...life is just too short in my opinion.
    But I respect your answer completely. Some women just aren't okay with it.
    I walk every morning before my kids get up - husband sleeps in with them so I can have 30 minutes to myself. I haven't lost much weight but I feel great about myself when I exercise and have five minutes for me.
    lrobles1983

Answer by lrobles1983 at 3:54 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• i walk and do simple exercises at night he helps and sometimes joins in.
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 6:23 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• Yoga, walking, drinking lots of water, and portion control will help you loose weight... If thats what you want to do. Start staring at hot guys, and he'll see how much he likes it.
    Anonymous

• first you need to ask yourself if you are insecure about your weight because your fiance looks at other women or are you uncomfortable in your own skin with the extra weight? then decide what you should do to feel better about yourself. whether it is too lose weight, or lose your fiance. i mean that is rediculous for him to make it that noticable. i hope you have spoke to him about the situation and how it makes you feel, and if so and he still does it then i say NEXT!!!!!
    juzcreepin

Answer by juzcreepin at 10:48 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• he he. you catch him staring at someone else, call him on it, say "does she have a nice ass or what?" could be he doesn't realize he's staring. if he does realize it and still does it in front of you...tell him how it makes you feel. if he still does it, then you now know your feelings arent' as important as his libido and now you have bigger issues.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 11:50 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• I have the same problem, I am very insecure about my body and my husband knows it but I also know he's not dead. He's going to look at other women. It's the whole "I may be on a diet but I can still look at the menu" bit. It's YOU he goes home with at night. Goodness, I've been with my husband for 12 years and I still look at other guys. Works the same way for guys, they look at other women, we look at other men.
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 3:10 AM on Jul. 20, 2008