How do you know when your significant other is ready to commit without forcing it on them?

Ive known my significant other since my early teens. I went to church with him. I love him. He loves me. But the distance is tough for me and him.I pray alot about it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:31 PM on Jan. 17, 2009 in Relationships

• you won't know if he is ready until you ask him. say i want to more if he say ok then that's your answer anything other then that. well he is not. you could read this book he's just not that into you. that might describe your man. they are making a movie to this book. weird.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 10:53 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• When he likes talking with you and when he has seen you at your worst and still loves you. When he is your best friend. When he is considerate and careful of your feelings, even when he is tired and when you are cranky. When you both have the same values and goals. Best wishes to you.

Answer by Bmat at 11:21 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• You'll know he's ready to commit when he tells you that he wants to see you exclusively and then eventually talks about marriage. I'd ask him where he sees himself in the next year, two or five. Where he hopes to be in life etc just talk about life and slip it in the conversation and see what all he says or you could just be direct and ask him how he feels about you, your relationship etc.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 11:54 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• I can honestly say from experience don't rush a man to commit if he isn't ready. I will only push him away and make him hesitate even more. Be patient. When the time is right you will know
    Anonymous