A question for Obama supporters

I did't vote for Obama - not because of his color, but because I truly don't believe the man is on the up and up. I believe he has lied to everyone and swindled his way into the Oval Office. However, I did not vote for McCain, either. I did not trust that man any more than I trust Obama to run this country. Lesser of two evils? I couldn't find one with these two dorks, so to exercise my right to vote, I went for the little guy - the independent. This way, I can say I voted, the guy for whom I voted didn't get in, so I can complain about whomever DID win the election. Obviously, Obama wins my right to complain.

While I don't support the man nor believe even half of what he says, I truly hope he can do some good for this country and bring us back to a "comfort zone" concerning the economy. I certainly don't want to see this country continue its journey down the toilet.

TeensMom07

Asked by TeensMom07 at 10:46 PM on Jan. 17, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I agree, Bush is a real jerk, but so are the members of Congress - many of whom still are in office now for Obama's turn. I believe many of you forget that Congress has a lot more power than our President - the President being a representative of this country.

So, in 4 years, IF Obama should fail and not be able to give what he's promised during his campaign, will you people who support him now be willing to admit you were wrong? Admit you were brainwashed and swindled like a bad sale? Accept the "I told you so's" from those who are wary of this man?
    TeensMom07

Answer by TeensMom07 at 10:47 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• I know that I am more than happy to admit my wrong ideas about him should he succeed and follow through as he says. That would mean that life will be better for all of us and this country will be back on top again. That's a good thing as I'm sure many will agree.
    TeensMom07

• Sorry, guys, it was a three-parter and space didn't allow it all on one, so I had to divide it up.
    TeensMom07

Answer by TeensMom07 at 10:50 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• WELL I WOULD HAVE VOTED FOR RON PAUL, HE WOULD HAVE MADE A WORLD OF DIFFERENCE I KNOW HE WAS OLD BUT AREN'T THEY ALL BUT I LIKED HIM.

BUT WHAT IS DONE IS DONE I DO LIKE OMABA HE TOO WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE BUT THAT IS MY OPINION. happy

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 10:52 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• But the question at hand is, if he DOES fail and can't come through as many think he can, will you be able to admit that he was the wrong choice? That you were too overwhelmed by his glitz, glamour and ego?
    TeensMom07

Answer by TeensMom07 at 10:54 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• I didn't vote for him--I do however hope that he can do some good for our country though. You also have to remember that while Bush was in office you signed stuff into law that gave the presidency more power than it ever had before thereby negating what congress has to say.
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:06 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• I meant he signed.
    coala

• It would take more then not coming through on a few of his campain promises to make me change my mind about him. Alot has changed with the country since he started his run for president over 2 years ago. Alot of his effort these first couple of years is going to be trying to dig this country out of the deep hole we are in. Things like universal healthcare and tax breaks may have to wait a bit longer then expected. I can not hold that against the man. He's not a miracle worker. If he is a total failure I will be the first to admit I was wrong. Unlike all the Bush supporters who can't admit, to this day, that he was a train wreck of a pres.
    trippyhippy

Answer by trippyhippy at 11:11 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• What did he lie?
    Do we still believe chain e-mails and youtube videos?
    Anonymous

• I will not admit that I was "overwhelmed by his glitz, glamour and ego?" because those things had nothing to do with the reasons I voted for him. And as for making "the wrong choice?" No. Realistically, we only had 2 choices. I would rather take the chance on fresh ideas not working, than continue to try making the same tired ideas and policies work, when it's been proven, over and over again for the last eight years, that they don't.
    DEpley

Answer by DEpley at 12:09 AM on Jan. 18, 2009