Burn burn baby

so i know there is nothing you can do about heartburn but i will try anyways. I am 23 weeks and 4 days today i somehow within the 2 hours i was sleeping i got heartburn that burns oh man it burns. I have had it like this before, but it hurts and it makes my stomach feel icky sometimes any remedies you think would work or worked for you???

Katiebears89

Asked by Katiebears89 at 10:53 PM on Jan. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• TUMS OR ROLAIDS WORKED FOR ME
    Anonymous

• Have you tried tums? I know that is OK to take but you can double check with your OB.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 10:54 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• mint tums
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:54 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• this sounds gross but i promise it works!

drink half a shot glass size glass of vinegar. just throw it back really fast like a shot.

and almost instantly will your heartburn go away.
    i was told this by my homeopathic dr as well as my own OBGYN and it works.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 10:55 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• anything other then tums or roliads i gag and get sick from them i have had that problem since i was a tiny wee little girl
    Katiebears89

Answer by Katiebears89 at 10:56 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• I have had severe heartburn since i was pregnant with my now 16 month old. Rolaids work pretty well for me, and if i get it bad and can't sleep i will go lay on the couch semi sitting and can fall asleep that way. gl mama, hope you feel better soon.
    mikeyjavimami21

Answer by mikeyjavimami21 at 11:02 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• I think I drank through 6 bottles of Mylanta. Lol. I made sure it was okay with my doctor..
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 11:11 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• When my heartburn was bad, my Dr. RXed Zantac 150 mg twice a day. That was the only thing that helped me. I tried the vinegar thing, and that just made me puke. Tums & Rolaids only relieved the pain long enough for me to get another tum/rolaid out of the package and to my mouth!!!!! Talk to you OBGYN about it, cuz honey it is only going to get worse.

O and another thing I did was sleep elevated. Lying down seemed to make it worse for me. I think it allowed the stomach acids to be pushed up into my esophogus. (sp?)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:21 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• I had horrible heartburn with my last one and it was 24/7 and horrible at night, it was more acid at night when I laid down. I chewed tums like candy, but they never touched it. The Dr told me it was ok to take Pepcid, so I took that but it only worked like 2 hours, maybe something dairy might help?
    Central_IL_Mom

Answer by Central_IL_Mom at 12:59 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• Only the berry flavored Tums helped me...Also, lay on your left side. Laying on your left side helps to keep the stomach acid from flowing out of your stomach causing heartburn. If you lay on the right side, the acid can just flow out easily causing discomfort. Also, keep your head elevated.
    jdrae13

Answer by jdrae13 at 1:21 AM on Jan. 18, 2009