• In the Spotlight:

What would you do if your sister-in-law has become best friends with your ex-husband?

My sister in-law and ex-husband worked for the same company but did not know each other. She knew who he was and started talking to him. Now they are together all of the time. I want to cut her out of my life....Don't want to socialize with the ex on any occasion. How should I handle?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:54 PM on Jan. 17, 2009 in Relationships

• OMG.It was my hubby's ex girlfriend and her parents and my hubby's parents who were buddy buddy. Well 5 years later they see each other once in awhile and yes it will hurt , but just say hi if you have to see them and be proud and never ever make them see you down and depressed. Believe me, I know how you feel. But there is nothing that you can do......
    jareda69

Answer by jareda69 at 11:10 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• wow i don't think there is much you can do about it. i would probably have my husband talk with her and see if she is willing for your sake to just stop the relationship before it develops into more. there is nothing worse then having the feeling that you've been betrayed by SIL. your ex is probably doing to hurt you. if it's been yrs then i would let it go.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 11:04 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• i dont see why that is a bad thing unless you still have feelings for your ex. who cares if they are friends just be glad they are happy. im friends with my brothers and sisters ex's and they are friends with some of my exs no big deal
    Anonymous

• I can image how you feel...awkward but there is not much you can do just let it go the past is the past things just have a funny way of working out. I know out of all the people in the world why so close to home right?slap

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 11:13 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• That would be hard, but there's no much you can do other than to talk to her about how you're feeling and hope she is just friends with him so he won't be showing up for Christmas and Thanksgiving dinner some day.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 11:51 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• Stay out of it. They're grown people and you don't own either of them. Who are you to say who your SIL or ex can be friends with?
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 1:41 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• It sounds like you're just a little jealous. Like a little girl jealous that her friend is dating her ex-boyfriend. Let it go. You aren't with him for a reason. If it's a valid reason I'm sure she will find it out all by herself.

Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 8:31 AM on Jan. 18, 2009