Baby doesn't like the bottle anymore!

Ever since I started my son on solids he's less interested in the bottle. He just wants the real food! I know that their main nutrition is still supposed to come from the formula, but he'll only really take a bottle at night now. What am I supposed to do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:01 PM on Jan. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would give the milk first then wait a little bit then give the food that way you know that he is getting the good stuff.
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:08 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• how old is he?
    Anonymous

• He'll be 6 months in a few days and has been on solids for about a week.
    Anonymous

• Have you tried putting formula in a sippy cup yet? Both of my kids started on a sippy cup around six months old. I still put formula in it until they turned one, when they were old enough fo milk. My daughter took right to the cup but it took me a while to find one that my son liked.
    KathrynA326

Answer by KathrynA326 at 11:12 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• Give him the food and still offer the formula. If he'll take it in a cup better, give it to him that way. If he still will only take a little formula, just make sure you give him nutritious food and no crap. Every bite counts for a baby! Good luck!!
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 2:23 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• Stop giving him solids for awhile. Formula needs to be his #1 source of nutrition. Give him a week of only formula, then slowly re introduce solids. Start out once a day then gradually give more as you see fit. I would ask your pediatrician how many oz. he should be eating a day and adjust his solids so that he is eating the proper amount of formula.
    Cassieniccole

Answer by Cassieniccole at 4:14 AM on Jan. 18, 2009