Does your SO sleep walk? Does anyone in your house sleep walk?

The snoring question made me think of this. My husband used to sleep walk all the time. I would wake up in the morning and find ALL of the kitchen cabinets wide open. Or he would go and eat candy in his sleep and I would find a trail of candy wrappers all the way into the bedroom! One time I found a bag of pita chips filled with milk on the kitchen counter!! So weird....

What is your strangest sleep walking story??

beckcorc

Asked by beckcorc at 11:05 PM on Jan. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I sleep walk - especially when I'm particularly stressed. I used to put on all the jewelry I owned, make up my face, and leave the house in whatever I went to bed in! I was apparently driving around town, stopping at various places in the middle of the night, and making friends. I've been afraid to ask for details.

Another time, when I was a single mom, my sister and her two children were sharing an apartment with my oldest daughter and me. We were lamenting the fact that we didn't have any butter and we were completely broke. Well, the next morning when we got up, there was a big tub of butter in our refrigerator. I knew that I'd gone to bed wearing only a pair of panties, so I did my shopping on the far side of town for the next several months!

Sadly, I've got a LOT of weird stories...
    Happywith2girls

Answer by Happywith2girls at 2:59 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• My sister as age 7 or 8 would sleep walk and she would sit on the carpeted stairs and pee. Gross but funny now. I felt so bad for her.

Anonymous

• I hate a sleepwalker-they freak me out, lol.
    I am guilty of it though, my mother found me taking a bath when I was 8. Its scary the stuff that we are capable of doing in our sleep!
    Anonymous

• My son used to sleepwalk we had to put a lock up really high on the outside doors and he also would throw temper tantrums in his sleep. They were awful the only way to make it stop was to slap him- hurt me more than him. My sister was also a sleepwalker and talker and we shared a room so she freaked me out.
    Anonymous

• i used to sleep walk. when i was a kid i checking the mail by a busy highway .the mailbox was like a 100 yards from my house. my parents ended up putting chairs underneath the doors so that if i was "up and about" they would hear the chairs fall and come get me. i also would have conversations while sleep walking and the only way they knew i was still asleep was that i wasn't keeping the same conversation as them. example i would talk about a basketball game and they were watching football.lol hadn't thought about this in a long time.good question
    maemaesmom

Answer by maemaesmom at 11:15 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• Just a few weeks ago I got home from a trip from CA and my suitcase was empty onn the floor and one night I woke up sitting in it. And thats just the lastest of things I have done while sleep walking
    alicias86

Answer by alicias86 at 11:39 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• I sleep walk and talk. I haven't done too much sleepwalking lately, unless I do it when my hubby is working nights. When I was around 12, my mom came into my room during the night because she heard me making some noise. I appeared to be awake, sitting up in my bed, and I had gathered a lot of little random things off of my desk and dresser & made myself a "nest" in my bed. I also walked into my parents' room during the night once & told my mom that I didn't want to take my baby sister shopping with us the next day-- she was such a party pooper! LOL

My little sister (12) was actually sitting up in her bed, doing the robot in her sleep a few months back. My mom said she just DIED laughing when she saw her doing that!
    heather.huckaby

Answer by heather.huckaby at 11:41 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• My SO is a mechanic, and he woke me up one morning looking under the blankets and asking where the motor was!! That was so funny! And my daughter laughs in her sleep. I dont know if that's hereditary or not, but I use to do that too.
    jdrae13

Answer by jdrae13 at 1:11 AM on Jan. 18, 2009