I wanna take a trip to AZ w/ my 21mo son but he has never been on a plane before, any advice on how to handle his first flight??

my SO is stationed in AZ and i currently live in MS, since Aug he has been deployed in Iraq and now he will b home n a matter of wks and i wanna plan a trip to visit him BUT my son has never been on a plane before so im nervous and in need of advice...

mfh0411

Asked by mfh0411 at 11:09 PM on Jan. 17, 2009 in Travel

• depending on the hours of the trip, but I would pack little toys or snacks to keep him busy! From experience I had a 1yr and 2yr at the time of a 3hr trip to cali and they were driving me bananas..They both wanted me and they both wanted me to carry them on my lap! Try to change his pamper before (if he is still in pamper) Because the only thing I will complain the most is the restroom I had a horrible time trying to change their pamper! To top it off they both needed a diaper change and i wish i couldve of waited to land but there was no way because it stunk the whole plane! LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:17 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• Hey girlie,

Make sure that 1st of all he is not sick.If he has a running nose it'll be very hard on him with the pressure and go to his ears. Take nose spray in case of the case and make sure he is drinking while you take off and land.

Since he is still under 2y/o you will be able to have him on your lap without the need to purchase an extra ticket but when you check in ask the agent if there are any seats available with a free seat next to it so you can possibly have him sit next to you.

Toys are always good,entertainment is the most important thing. I don't know about all the bathroom supplies on american carriers (J was already potty trained when we last flew United and AA)but on "our"planes we have fold up changing tables in the bathrooms.

Janeeva2005

Answer by Janeeva2005 at 1:37 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• Take a stroller and leave it at the door when you board, they will put it in the belly and have it waiting for you when you get off the plane. It'll mae things easier for you ,even if u only use it for your bags,toys etc...

I flew with Janeeva the first tiem when she was a year (was only a 2hr flight) and after that we always flew at least 9 hrs....you'll make it. It might be stressful but not impossible ;-)
    Janeeva2005

• Call My Mom say Gena from CafeMom said to call her 559-321-5886
    She can get you the best Deal.....Her name is Sandra Venegas
    or email her at : theartoftravelbysandra@yahoo.com
    genav

Answer by genav at 12:33 AM on Feb. 6, 2009