• In the Spotlight:

How long after?

How long after you stopped bleeding after baby did you get your first period? I had my baby 10days ago but I stopped bleeding yesterday. I am breastfeeding and have heard for some it dont come til you stop BFing.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:10 PM on Jan. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Honestly It Depends On Your Body As Well As Many Other Things. The Earliest I Started After I Had Stopped Bleeding Was Two Weeks.
    Anonymous

• i started my period normally
    i bled for about 2 weeks after having my baby and stopped until the next month then my period started normally..and still is. but i dont breastfeed so idk?
    etiheidas

Answer by etiheidas at 11:16 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• Well see with my first I didnt breast feed and didnt bleed after I left the hospital but didnt have one for 10weeks. withmy second I bled for 4wks after leaving didnt BF and started the month after I stopped. I am wondering how it is going to go with this one
    Anonymous

• I bled for 6 weeks after having my daughter and I didn't bleed until I stopped breastfeeding.
    hgibsonorc

Answer by hgibsonorc at 11:22 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• I bled lightly for just under 2 weeks. I breastfed exclusively for about 3 months and then started my period at 4 months.
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 12:10 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• wow, your so lucky lol, i bled for 8 weeks! but when i did stop, my period came right on time lol, i got it a month later, it sucked, but i never breastfed so i don't know if you'll get it sooner or later, it really depends on your body though, i hear of people not getting they're period for 6-8 months later, and some right away : )
    Trinity32188

Answer by Trinity32188 at 12:20 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• I bled for about 4 weeks, and then had my period when my baby was 3 months old. I was breastfeeding but mostly pumping. And my second period was way off, started 15 days late! I guess my body just had to get back to normal. idk
    jdrae13

Answer by jdrae13 at 1:08 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• If you're nursing, you may not have a period for a year or more.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:22 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• When you're BF your periods could vary widely. You could have a regular cycle every month or you may not have periods until you wean the baby. You could have irregular periods. I had no periods til I weaned with 3 kids and with this one I have irregular periods.
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 2:21 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• I bled for 2 weeks after giving birth to my son ... 5 weeks after giving birth, my period came back ... and I was BFing.
    jennie829

Answer by jennie829 at 4:16 AM on Jan. 18, 2009