moms if you know you shouldn't stay why are you?

moms, if you are in a relationship with your hubby and know in your gut you should leave him but haven't, why haven't you? For me it's cost, where to go. We disagree on important things but we've no physical fights or wars. We're just so different that didn't come out until after kids way down the line. If you know in your heart you shouldn't be with him, what's keeping you from leaving? Fear? No emotional support? No place else to go til payments are started up? My husband won't leave and I can't make him. I'm just wondering if there are any other moms similar?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:14 PM on Jan. 17, 2009 in Relationships

• i think all the reasons you listed above are why most people stay when they know they should leave.lack of money and a place to go. i was in a relationship once for way too long for those reasons.it got intolerable i left, it was really hard living in a house with no furniture, no cable, trying to make $20 stretch for a week's worth of food for me and my two kids, but we made it and then I ended up marrying my highschool sweetheart. it was worth it.
    maemaesmom

Answer by maemaesmom at 11:20 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• For me I think it's because I'm a little afraid that he'll try to take the kids away. That and I really don't think the kids should be alone with him. He can be pretty harsh and since he hasn't been around them much the past 5 years he has no idea what it takes to be a parent to them. Besides, they wouldn't want to live with him even if it was just every other weekend. It's just a bunch of messed up stuff I guess.

Anonymous

• I was in that position for awhile, I had no other place to go, and because he wouldn't cooperate I couldn't get help finacially to get out. Finally called my mom one night and told her EVERYTHING, and now I live with her... I have a job now, pay rent to her, and am going back to school... But you have to do what's right for you, in that I totally agree. There are ways, even if it takes awhile and you have to hid it, there are ways to break free. BUT if the man is abusive, get out, there are shelters for women that will get you out of situations like that... all you have to do is get there.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:50 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• Im still confused and not sure what is happening with my relationship. I LOVE my husband but his kids or the way he treats me when his kids are here, is the issue. I have no where else to go and a 5 week old son. I also have horrible credit now due to him having a spending problem so I cant get an apartment or a house of my own. I also want my son to be around his father while he grows up unlike his 3 kids that only see him on weekends. All 3 of them are so screwed up from their parents divorce I just don't want to do that to my son. So a horrible marriage until my son is grown sems like the way to go. I know its probably the wrong thing to do but right now that's why I am staying. Good luck!
    1sttimemommy122

Answer by 1sttimemommy122 at 1:45 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• I agree with one of the girls above...I stay because i don't want to share custody of my kids. My kids should be with me! I don't trust my husband alone with our kids. He's not responsible. The thought of them being with him or his parents without me scares me. that's my reason. Good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• wow n i thought i was da only one thinking if i leave then he would try getting our son every other weekend n i cant even think on what he would have his crazy family (sister, mom n ect) help him raise our son when he gets him. That family drinks to much n all da kids in his family are wacked out i cant even think of my son growning up around that
    parkslope

Answer by parkslope at 2:39 PM on Jan. 18, 2009