What songs do you sing with your kids.

I am going to be teaching a mommy and me music class and I wanted to here some songs or rythms you do with your kids. My class will be for children 0-4 years old.

Precious333

Asked by Precious333 at 11:16 PM on Jan. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• When my daughter was a baby she fell in love with 'she'll be coming 'round the mountain' so much so that if the words were spoken even at the first words she'd starting dancing in her highchair whereever we were!! It's a real old song but great cuz it can be sung real country and really fast or slower - it's great to get kids up and bopping away too!
    Anonymous

• My daughter is 3 and we sing "Twinkle, Twinkle," "Mary had a little lamb," "Baby moon," "BINGO," Some songs in Spanish....oh, we also sing Pat Benetar's "Hit me with your best shot...." but I doubt you want to use that in your class LOL.
    hgibsonorc

Answer by hgibsonorc at 11:21 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• Kids love songs that have hand/body motions in them. Here's some:
    Hands, shoulder's knees and toes
    If your happy and you know it.
    The wheels on the bus go round and round.
    patty cake
    The hokey pokey
    ..................................................................................
    momofpurebliss

Answer by momofpurebliss at 11:24 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• i don't know if it's just a song in my family or not but i grew up with it and sing it to my girls. the closest rhythym i can relate it to is old mc donald had a farm. you substitute the name for different kids. here goes... macy macy whatcha gonna do-ie-o? macy macy where ya gonna go-ie-o, macy macy, does your momma knoooow???pause that your goin down the road to see a little boy-ie-o. i know it sounds silly but my girls loved it. hope this helps, have fun w/ your class!
    maemaesmom

Answer by maemaesmom at 11:26 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• We sing "5 green and speckled frogs", "the aunts go marching", "wheels on the bus" also a fun one for toddlers is "twinkle twinkle traffic light" ...if you google that you should be able to find the words (or pm me. it's really simple). we also have done "five little monkey's swinging from a tree" Oh! and "bringing home a baby bumble bee" ...yeah. that was a fav for a long time. I used to be the teacher for a toddler class so if i think about it i'll be able to come up with a lot more. but that's all i got for now. hope that helps!
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 11:27 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• I also sing to my daughter, some songs in English, some in Spanish . . . some in both. I imagine that the OP wants the entire song, lyrics and all. Yeah?
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:28 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• my favorite song at story time (the library) is "Tooty Ta" it is by Dr. Jean...very cute- has motions...here is a link to her web sight

http://drjean.org/
    CoolMommyofboys

Answer by CoolMommyofboys at 11:38 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• That "In the Jungle the lion sleeps tonight" song. They love that. I sing lots of Disney songs. Under the sea, they love that. The Be our Guest from Beauty and the Beast. Whatever music moves you, the kids will probably love, even if it's unfarmiliar to them. Good luck!!
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 2:18 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• Have you ever heard the song 'Do you like Waffles?'. My kids LOVER that stupid song and we sing it all the time. Here's the video link for it on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtlaTNI1TaU
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 12:08 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• We don't do kids songs here... :( I don't think your mommy and me group would be into singing metal songs....

However, when Arianna was little and just starting in speech we'd do Thumpkin and Itsy Bitsy Spider. Nursery rhymes are pretty good too.
    aridattebayo

Answer by aridattebayo at 7:15 PM on Jan. 18, 2009