Am I losing too much 2 fast?

Ok in a week I've lost 10 lbs. I begin working out 2 times a day 7 days a week, for an hour and eating a restricted diet to pretty much only fresh veggies and fruit and proteins such as fish, beans and chicken. Is this water weight I'm losing? Or fat? Am I losing it too fast? I'm not doing anything "bad" I'm eating right and exercising.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:22 PM on Jan. 17, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Those veggies and fruits are detoxifying your body. Your getting rid of a lot of toxins, water and even poop. A human with an average diet has 25+ lbs of poop in them. Weird right? lol
    Once you start eating fruits and vegetables you will notice you pee more and do #2 more.
    You've probably lost some fat but it's mostly water weight or feces.
    It is normal to lost a lot at first.
    Anonymous

• Usually, the first week or two after you start dieting and exercising, the weight loss will be really great. Most of it is water weight, however. If you're feeling fine and energized, you shouldn't worry :). Good job and good luck!
    hgibsonorc

Answer by hgibsonorc at 11:24 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• IT ALL DEPENDS ON THE AMOUNT OF WEIGHT YOU ARE LOOKING TO LOOSE IT COULD BE THAT ALL THOSE POUNDS ARE RETAINED WATER. IT YOU WANT TO LOOSE GO FOR IT YIOU ARE GOING TO FEEL GOOD WHEN YOU REACH A GOOD WEIGHT
    alani226

Answer by alani226 at 11:27 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• I'm feeling fine, taking a multivitamin. I'm NOT cutting out dairy or anything important, but I do have non fat dairy in moderation. I'm very careful not to over do it. I know people say not to step on the scale, but I can't help it. It keeps me motivated so I have to get on it and monitor everything. But it could be that I'm cutting back on my sodium, fat and sugar that helping.
    thanks for your answers
    Anonymous

• Im looking to lose around 30
    Anonymous

• 25+lbs of poop??? Holy crap, we all need to poop then! I never knew that.
    Anonymous

• next time I gain a few pounds, I'm gonna say its poop weight!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:59 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• I agree with anon about the poop issue! Thats why were so tubby in our tummy sections even when were small,and you see a young mother who is slim but has a small pouch this is from excess buildup in our intestines,which is why we get bloated and thats not good for us to feel bloated and feel like were full all the time. If we eat right and we expel all the bad toxins in our body then the food we eat will sustain us throughout the day without feeling like we need to eat an elephant.The only way to do this is as one wrote above eat raw fruits and vegys, I think I'm gonna start making my own juices sinc ei have a juicer thats new and hasnt been touched may as well put it to good use.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 1:05 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• Make sure you are getting adequate protein, very important so you body does not "feed on" your muscle tissue which would ultimately slow your metabolism down way to go on Clean Eating.
    shortcakemama2

Answer by shortcakemama2 at 8:54 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• OHHH I Love my juicer! We love the V8 brand fruit and veggie combos but there is too much sugar in them, so one night dh and i just started throwing stuff in the juicer (grapefruit, apples, carrots, celery, and fresh pineapple) It was awesome and probably would have been alot better with a little coconut rum in it.....
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 10:01 AM on Jan. 18, 2009