• In the Spotlight:

Cont'd, 17 month old vomiting...

Then about 30 min ago she woke up again and vomited....the thing is after I clean her and her crib up, and put her back down to sleep finally, she goes back to sleep without a sound...I don't doubt she has some type of bug, seeing as though I have been having issues too....but I am concerned with why she is only throwing up overnight??? Any advice???? I just feel so bad for her....

nrth2sth05

Asked by nrth2sth05 at 11:25 PM on Jan. 17, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I was watching Mystery Diagnosis the other night and this little girl was constantly throwing up. Like your daughter, it was only at night. It just came on suddenly when she was about 4 I think. It took awhile to find out what was wrong with her but they finally figured out it was that she was having seziurs in her sleep. Its very rare and hard to figure out. Im not saying thats what it is. Im not a doctor. Im just saying its something to look into. But dont get worked up. It could just be a silly little bug. It is winter and the cold affects us all. But it gets to little ones more then anyone. I would just leave it in the hands of your doctor. Maybe tell them of things you have seen or heard. If your doctor is not willing to look into anything you tell them about, then you should get a new doctor who would. GOOD LUCK.
    Anonymous

• I say simply to go to the dr--dont wait another day. She could be allergic to something or it could be 101 other things. Dont sit on it--call asap and go. If that dr doesnt help-go to another one. Hope she feels better!!
    MamatoaRose

Answer by MamatoaRose at 11:40 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• I don't know why it is only happening overnight. The one thing I can say is that until she stops throwing up in her sleep, let her sleep in your arms. You do NOT want her to choke on her vomit.

I say this because my 14 month old had this a few weeks ago. She would throw up and just turn her head--she wouldn't even wake up. I ended up sleeping with her in my arms most of the night. And the couple hours she was laying by herself, I was right next to her.
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 8:43 AM on Jan. 18, 2009