whats your definition of sanctified?

HisServant4ever

Asked by HisServant4ever at 11:33 PM on Jan. 17, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• To be separate yourself from unholy vices : purify yourself.
    Sis.Jackson

Answer by Sis.Jackson at 11:40 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• Sanctified = set apart.
    Aprilmorgans

Answer by Aprilmorgans at 12:01 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• set apart for holiness

to render or acknowledge, or to be venerable or hallow
    to separate from profane things and dedicate to God
    consecrate things to God
    dedicate people to God
    to purify
    to purify by expiation: free from the guilt of sin
    to purify internally by renewing of the soul
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 12:34 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• Some Christian mumbo jumbo
    Anonymous

• My own definition would be some thing or some place chosen by a person or group to represent a spiritual concept for the sake of worship, reverence, connection with the divine, or spiritual contemplation.
    nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 1:05 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• Sanctification is the schooling/process that God takes His children through to bring them to loving His ways and accepting His love more and more.
    TeaAnderson

Answer by TeaAnderson at 7:19 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• For me being sanctified was being so brainwashed and indoctrinated that I ceased to act, think, or speak for myself. Like many here, I parroted the myths and doctrines that my church approved for me. It means having everything human removed from you until you are willing to sacrifice your supposedly god-given life to falacy and lies. It's living for an afterlife you don't even KNOW exists instead of living your life here in reality. It is a sad mate to the word "Faith".
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 10:00 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Witchqueen: Not to start a debate. I believe people experiecne what you have when they start looking at the messenger as is if wrote the message. Preachers, Evangelist, Missionaries and Teachers are ALL human beings. I know it is up to us to read the bible for ourselves to find out if what they are teaching lines up with what it says. When we take everything they say without question and study for ourselves we'll end up hurt and burnt out on religion. Finding GOd is a personal. You have to find him for yourself, the church can only help lead you to him.
    Sis.Jackson

Answer by Sis.Jackson at 11:06 PM on Jan. 19, 2009