I've been reading/hearing news lately that soy is bad for boys. thoughts?

I thought soy was a healthy alternative for people/kids. Lately, I've been reading and hearing that soy is especially bad for boys and their hormone production. Also, I've read that soy is so mass produced that it is almost worse than regular (dairy) products. What are your thoughts? would you raise a baby boy on only soy products?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:40 PM on Jan. 17, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I would not give large quantities of soy to a boy. There are hormones in it, and I think they need to do more research on the effects of soy.
    TanyaR1024

Answer by TanyaR1024 at 12:07 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• I'm not into the whole soy and organic thing... I use to work in an ice cream factory, and do you know the difference between our organic and regular ice cream? We used hot sanitizer water (perfectly save to digest and kills most bacteria) on regular ice cream machines to clean them before a run... but on organic lines we just used water, most of which wasn't hot enough to really kill what was left behind from the last run (which could have contained peanut butter).. the regular ice cream as well as organic is tested in a lab for bacteria yes.. but not tested for allergents.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:02 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• I won't feed it to anyone in my family. The biggest reason I have is one of the hormone's in it is estrogen.
    Fuette

Answer by Fuette at 1:56 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• i never heard of this... but i breastfed for the first 6 months then just gave him formula till he was one then whole milk... i think soy milk should only be given if he was allergic to milk... but now that i see this i will tell mommas not to give their baby boys soy milk...
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 4:17 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• YES! SOY IS VERY HARMFUL. people just want to believe the great marketing of this BILLION dollar industry. It causes infertility (lower sperm count in men), breast cancer, thyroid diseases and thyroid cancers. DO YOUR HOMEWORK PEOPLE! I would NEVER give my kids soy. I stick to local, organic dairy products. why risk your health over something that is proven bad for you? try almond milk, if you HAVE to.

http://www.soyonlineservice.co.nz/
    thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 8:20 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• I refuse to give my children, boys or girls, any soy products because of what the person above me says..Seriously. I look at everyone on here who puff their chests proudly and say they ONLY give their kids Silk soy milk or whatever like they are doing something great and are somehow better than the parents who give their children cow's milk..

http://www.mothering.com/articles/growing_child/food/soy_story.html
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 10:58 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• I had researched that very same issue. As a result, I buy rice milk for my son.
    MonicaJaye

Answer by MonicaJaye at 12:44 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• wow i never knew soy was bad.. how can they get away with selling it? omg thank you so much mommies... i would prolly never gave it to my son but now i know to pass the word!!
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 6:48 PM on Jan. 18, 2009