labor- without the signs!!!

i only have a few more days until my son comes, and i was wondering how you know your in labor without your water breaking! i am lactos and before my pregnancy if i had any dairy i would have these intense pains in my stomach, and i have been have those feelings lately! i was wondering if anyone else is lactos and knows of the pains i talk about and if those could be my contractions starting! i ask this because my mothers water never broke and nor did a few other ladies i know!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:53 PM on Jan. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yup... sounds like.

Contractions are like the worst menstrual cramps you could imagine ---- times 10 (and that's early labor)
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 11:55 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• You usually get contractions before your water breaks mine didnt break until like 10 minutes before I started pushing and I was in labor for 24 hours..
    MiSs.SmOkEy

Answer by MiSs.SmOkEy at 11:57 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• Every woman's pains are different. The trick to knowing you're in labor is if they come and go at regular intervals. Anytime you think you're in labor for more than 3 hours, even if the pains aren't close, go to the hospital to get checked, because they can check the baby and make sure everything is fine. Good luck on a swift and easy labor!
    sizesmith

Answer by sizesmith at 11:57 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• i am lactose as well and i know the pain you mean, but if the pain you are feeling now should be more of a tightening of the stomach muscles, next time you feel the pain, touch your stomach and see if your stomach gets really hard and tight, if it does, well then you are in early labor, when your contractions become 3 - 5 minutes apart, its time to go to the hospital, P.S i was 3 cm dilated and having contractions for 3 months before i had my daughter, lol, well good luck sweetie, and congrats on the baby : )
    Trinity32188

Answer by Trinity32188 at 12:13 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• oh ya lol, and my water didn't break on its own, they had to break it for me : )
    Trinity32188

Answer by Trinity32188 at 12:14 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• I was in full labor and my water never broke... the dr broke it like 2 hours before I had him.
    aneely08

Answer by aneely08 at 12:43 AM on Jan. 18, 2009