Driving vs flying to Orlando...Disney Resort vs Off-site rental condo?? Tips pls...

Thank you so much for answering.Although our trip is booked for Aug 29th-Sept. 9th..
again we r not flying. I thank God my husband loves to to drive. We paln to leave NJ between (9pm-12midnite..) I had been doing research which I plan too till the day we live. But checked reviews on google for Animal Kingdom Lodging and read it was outddated.. don't know how true it is. However my son loves animals and will watch Planet Earth all day if u let him.
This is why I choosed The Windosr Hills Resort they had a Mickey Safari themed condo...Here's the web site for those who may be interested for your next family trip to WD.
www.mickeyscondo.com/safari...
Hotel $1282 11 nights party of 5-7? 3bdrm. condo
Wd tickets 3 day Hopper $1277
Orlando Flex ticket 14 days unlimited $955
Gas estimate $300-400
Spending Money $1000-1200

Total: 4,714 for a party of 5 so far. What do you guys think????

God Bless, Deni

AHeart4Christ

Asked by AHeart4Christ at 11:53 PM on Jan. 17, 2009 in Travel

Level 2 (-1 Credits)
  • HUN- IM PROUD OF YOUR PLANNING-
    BUT THATS WAY TOO MUCH!!
    I AGREE ON SOME OF IT- BUT I KNOW I COULD GET YOU LODGING FOR UNDER 500 WITH ROOM FOR UP 8! BUT THATS ONLY FOR 8DAYS- UNLESS U WANT TWO WEEKS- FOR LIKE 950?? CHECK OUT MY PROFILE- OR SEND ME P MESS AND WE CAN CHAT MORE!!
    GOD BLESS
    KITTYLITTLES

Answer by KITTYLITTLES at 11:56 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I have to tell you that the price you have quoted for a 3 bedroom condo for 11 nights is a good deal. Don't let anyone talk you out of that! I checked with my own timeshare to see and the cheapest I could get for that time was $1500 for a 2 bedroom that has a pull-out sofa in the living room. Plus you want a condo because of the full kitchen and laundry room, etc. That is a great deal for 11 nights, barely more than $100/night......Anyways everything else in your plan looks good too!
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 8:57 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Those entertainment books have, Coupons for: food, hotels, vacation packages deals, car rental deals, and other things. I have gotton free oil changes and lots of free stuff from the book and its only about $20.00 or a few dollars more. You would have the time to order it and get deals in time. Try to google it, like entertainment book. It's great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:03 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Yeah the website is entertainmentbook.com and it might depend on where u live to get one. I live in ohio so we have them here. I entered my zip code in and the book was on sale for like $16.00
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• We leave for Disney for 12 nights next Friday! I ordered the entertainment book and am hoping it gets here in time. Check eBay for lots of good buy 1 get 1 coupons for attractions. There is also a vendor that sells dirt cheap Universal tickets. We're military so we get HUGELY discounted WDW tickets. Message me if you want links to the Universal tix. And HAVE FUN!
    BBPbyHolli

Answer by BBPbyHolli at 3:38 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Forgot to add, you could add more days to your WDW ticket instead of the Hopper option.
    BBPbyHolli

Answer by BBPbyHolli at 3:52 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• some places on the web offer buy 3 day passes and get a free upgrade to 5 days. Or if your military and went a link to a great deal I can send you one.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 10:21 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Call My Mom say Gena from CafeMom said to call her 559-321-5886
    She can get you the best Deal.....Her name is Sandra Venegas
    or email her at : theartoftravelbysandra@yahoo.com
    genav

Answer by genav at 12:32 AM on Feb. 6, 2009