I need help with my 10 month old daughter

My daughter has a hard time breathing. All day long she wheezes and coughs. The doctor has put her on breathing treatments and I don't think they are helkping. I am so streesed and I tried of worry about her at nigth while she is sleeping. What should I do.

alicias86

Asked by alicias86 at 11:55 PM on Jan. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• im sorry to hear that. i think you can ask your doctors about a monitor if your really that worried about it. the ones they usually put premies on.
    vadasmom

Answer by vadasmom at 11:59 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• oh and if the treatments aint working and the doctor can figure it out then go get a second opion quick.. good luck
    vadasmom

Answer by vadasmom at 12:04 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• between treatments i would take her into the bathroom and turn on the hot water let the steam fill up the bathroom. stay in there for about 5-10 mins that also helps. Since she is so young the dr may not want to give her/him a lot of meds. good luck .
    momof3grls4517

Answer by momof3grls4517 at 12:08 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• Is this for a temporary illness or is it she is like this long term ? I am just wondering if they have check for asthma and possible triggers like food and environmental allergies.

If this is a new thing just due to an illness and you think she has gotten worse or is really struggling to breath, then I would bring her in again.

Do you have a baby monitor in the meantime ? My daughter use to suffer from febrile seizures and it would ease my mind. I of course though had made the investment for a video one.

Sorry I would love to give you more info, but really am not sure to the exact problem she is having.
    J9Mommy

Answer by J9Mommy at 12:10 AM on Jan. 18, 2009