swelling in your arms hands and face bad?

its so bad that my mom wanted me to sleep in her room just in case something happened....im sleeping in my own and propping my feet up and everything like i usually do but shes making mesleep with the phone so i can call her if i need to..

she isnt one to admit when something medically is wrong..

she said she is mostly worried about the swelling in my face hands arms and upper legs... and it came on VERy quickly within a few hours and its a lot.

so is it bad to swell in these places?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:50 AM on Jan. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• they are also so tight they are itching and getting pains in them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:54 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• Wow that sounds bad. call your doctor asap!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:04 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• Could be pre eclampsia, which can be fatal to you and the baby. Always call your OB immediately if you experience those symptoms. Didn't your OB tell you that????
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:21 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• how far along r u?swelling in these places can happen when ur pregnant,could u have eaten something that is making u react like this?but if it is as bad as u say I would put a call into the doctor now.
    momangel05

Answer by momangel05 at 3:28 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• In a situation like this, call the doctor! The doctor can assess the situation and let you know whether you need to be seen or not. I would think that major swelling that comes on so quickly should at the very least be something to immediately call the doctor about! There is a doctor on call 24 hours a day for situations like yours.....don't wait!
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 3:38 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• i would call your doctor it doesn't sound right at all
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on Jan. 18, 2009