Why does my dog lay on electrical cords?

He even does it when they are not plugged in. I thought it was the warmth, but not all of them are warm or even plugged in... LOL! Still trying to figure out this shelter dog I rescued... he baffles me...

m-avi

Asked by m-avi at 9:05 PM on Feb. 14, 2012 in Pets

• LOL, I have no idea but in my personal opinion you have the most awesome shelter dog ever. Between this and the vacuum cleaner/eating thing he's going to provide years of free entertainment.
    BrawnwynII

Answer by BrawnwynII at 9:12 PM on Feb. 14, 2012

• He is just waiting for you to leave the room so he can chew it in peace! LOL! Our Dog we had when I was little did that too.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:16 PM on Feb. 14, 2012

• LMAO ILovemyPaulie! So true.

I don't have a dog, but I have a "special" kitty that will lay on ANYTHING you leave on the floor. A shoe, a piece of paper, a toy...anything. My kids will play around making "beds for Dina"...they'll draw something on a piece of paper, or lay a blanket out, and WITHOUT FAIL...that poor dumb cat will jump at the chance to lay on it.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:39 PM on Feb. 14, 2012