• In the Spotlight:

Back Labor........

How do i know if im having back labor pains? what does it feel like?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:19 AM on Jan. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• it hurts like hell
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:20 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• For me it just felt like a terrible never ending backache. I never "let up" between contractions. It was just a cnostant ache in my back.

I've always had "back cramps" though on my period. Luckily since I had baby, my stomach crapms went away completely, but the back one's intensified. I barely even want to get out of bed when I get them now...
    AnnieMcD

Answer by AnnieMcD at 5:41 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• When the baby is in a posterior position, the bony part of the head is pressed against the bony part of the pelvis. The pressure of the contractions pushes the head into the pelvis and can cause tremendous back pain. Some women feel the pressure even between contractions. Few women expect to feel their contractions as mostly a back ache.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:34 AM on Jan. 18, 2009