Chemical pregnancy? BFP line not getting any darker.

AF is due on Tuesday and have been testing since thursday. I used FR thursday and friday. Thursday line was barely visible (DF couldn't see it) Friday line was visible enough for DF to see it just. CB digital on thursday night said 'not pregnant' and on saturday morning a new one said 'pregnant'. However, have also been using dollar store tests and the lines aren't getting that much stronger at all - perhaps very very mildly. In my previous 2 pregnancies (one was a miscarriage) the line got noticably darker, even before AF arrived. I guess after my last pregnancy resulted in a loss I am scared this will too.

Sorry for the essay! I'm driving myself nutso! Question is two fold
1) anyone experienced a chemical pregnancy after getting a BFP and care to share info?
2) anyone experienced very faint lines, not getting darker, and everything turned out OK.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:51 AM on Jan. 18, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• GO TO THE DOCTOR
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:07 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• I got faint lines and a false negative with a digital test and my little boy is 2 1/2. Even the same brand test can have different levels of HCG they detect and depending on the time of day and how much you have had to drink or how many times you have peed, the lines can get fainter or darker. The point is you are still getting positive results. Make an appt with your doctor as soon as you can and get some reassurance and real answers. Best of luck to you. I had 3 losses before my sone was born, so I totally get where you are coming from.
    AlliO2

Answer by AlliO2 at 11:02 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• geez 'annoymous' that is such a great answer you gave! Perhaps if you don't have anything useful to say you can shut up. Dr's don't actually give you much help with stuff like this after having only one m/c, and especially not much help before you miss your period. It is obvious the OP was looking for personal experience, not medical expertise.
    Anonymous

• I had very slightly darker lines over a few days with a chemical pregnancy. I called the doctor when I started spotting; the doctor ordered a blood test for a quantitatvive hcg and repeated the test every couple of days to see if hcg was rising. It did rise for about a week and then it stopped. The urine tests can be effected by the time of day, how much you are drinking, and how frequently you empty your bladder, so your hcg could be rising even though the tests don't look noticeably darker. I think your best bet is to call your doctor and see if you can get the quantitative hcg blood test to find out for sure what is going on. Good luck.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 11:00 AM on Jan. 19, 2009