does anyone feel this way

i can yell at my daughters or say anything to them but when my hubby does i feel bad and kinda get mad i know he has the right to yell at them hes there father i dunno i just feel sorry for them when they get yelled at by there dad

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:10 AM on Jan. 18, 2009 in General Parenting

• Nope. DH and I share the basic same parenting style - I have a bigger ROAR than he does but we both do it. ROAR to get their attention and then say what you mean, follow by a hug/kiss.

Do you feel that way because he's being abusive when he does it? Does he yell at you?
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 4:16 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• no hes not abusive maybe its cause im home with them more cause he works alot i feel like there all mine lol plus i think kids always fear there dads more then there moms
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:19 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• plus i think kids always fear there dads more then there moms

HA.

Not in MY house.

But really, you've got to give up a little control here. Both of you need to be on the same page when it comes to discipline and then you need to let him do it.

Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 4:34 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• I feel the same way when my bf gets mad at my son even if he is doing wrong. I just don't like to see him get yelled at and cry. but after he makes him know what he is doing is wrong he always picks him up and talks nice with him and makes him happy again.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:35 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• omg i feel the SAME way... when i do it it's one thing... but to hear him use that deep tone just kills me.....men just have that "voice" i dunno.. not sure how to put it...

but one thing i noticed with my son.... he listens 10x better when my hubby tells him to do something then me... he doesn't question him... with me he is like " is she serious, let me test her".. with him it's like " oh boy, he's not playing, i better do that"....
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 4:36 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• im totally that way too! except its not my daughters dad, its my mom..my mom has been the one that watches my daughter when im at work..ive been a single mom since day one, so its kinda been just me and my mom raising my daughter, but ya, whenever "grandma" yells at my daughter, i always feel so bad..i mean she totally deserves it sometimes..lol..but still..hahaha, im actually the same with my dog too..its ok for me to yell at him, but not other people!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 4:45 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• I think most of us are more comfortable with our own "yelling" than from others. Maybe because we are in control and know how far it is going. Besides who is really comfortable in confrontation situations.
    tsjjpmds

Answer by tsjjpmds at 8:22 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• How many moms were yelled at by their fathers/mothers as children? I'll bet that hearing a BF or SO (or your own parent) yell at your kids recalls your own early memories of being yelled at yourself - so even though you think the yelling is okay, there's a part of your brain that is reacting as if you are the one being yelled at. It's interesting how the brain works...
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 12:59 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• I don't mind. I know he's doing what he is doing for their best interest. I like it when he disciplines because I hate doing it. I'd rather play with the kids then be an adult sometimes. So DH normally yells at all of us for making to much noise but all we do is laugh at him....LOL!!!!
    MrsTGray

Answer by MrsTGray at 2:59 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• lol i knew i wasn't the only one who feels this way its just like when you can make fun of your own family but get mad when others do it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:13 AM on Jan. 19, 2009