how old is too old?

when do u think women should stop having babies?

Have3Girls114

Asked by Have3Girls114 at 4:25 AM on Jan. 18, 2009 in General Parenting

• i say mid 30's only because they say after or around that age the chances of the child having "problems" increases... i would say go to the doctors and if he/she gives you the okay.. its really doesn't matter :)
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 4:27 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• lol im 23 with 3 kids i was just wondering what most women think is considered too old
    Have3Girls114

Answer by Have3Girls114 at 4:30 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• When should women stop having babies?

When they start letting them grow up to cowboys........(love that song)

I was 37 or so when I had DS, so I'm going to favor the "around 40" crowd. I was just happy my eggs were round and happy! If you can afford them, have them.

Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 4:30 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• I was told I couldn't get pregnant without fertility drugs in my 20's...One day, when I was almost 38, I went to the doctor for what I thought was an ulcer. He is now a healthy, intelligent, gorgeous 8 month old....lol But docs can do all kinds of tests to tell a woman if her odds of having a healthy baby are good or bad. Personally, I wouldn't try past 40.
    pandora1988

Answer by pandora1988 at 4:33 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• i wouldnt after 35...and even then i think its to old. my mom had me when she was 35, and i just think theres to much of an age difference. times change..but people dont..and its hard for a lot of people to change with the times..(like my mom)..they get set in their ways, and makes it harder for kids to be kids..my mom and i disagreed on SOO much when i was growing up, and i hated it! and then my dads 9 years older than my mom, so that didnt help either!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 4:41 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• when they cant afford anymore
    mommyofone0724

Answer by mommyofone0724 at 5:57 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• I don't think there's a one-size-fits-all right answer to this question. Different people have different experiences. My dad had me when he was 27, but he totally forgot what it was like to be a teen by the time I got there. I will never forget what that was like even though I had my daughter at 37. You have to stay in tune with life and stay relevant no matter when you procreate to be a good parent. You can really do that at any age...
    StephanieLtd

Answer by StephanieLtd at 6:26 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• HI,, this is for adoption.. my hubby and I adopted our baby boy at 2 days old, when I was 54.. and he was 49. it has been great and the agency picked us to adopt him too, as they could not find a family to take a baby with special needs, and he is doing fine at 17 mo old now !
    shy_ismy1stgrey

Answer by shy_ismy1stgrey at 6:50 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• I think when they are good and ready. That said, I don't think I have a right to tell a mom she is too old. Do you approve of abortion? If not, then what is an older woman supposed to do when she does get pregnant at 40 or later? I am much wiser then I was in my thirties. If I were to have more children now, it would be a blessing.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 7:04 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• I wouldn't after 36
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:13 AM on Jan. 18, 2009