I'm in continous stress i can't put up with my daughters screaming.

my daughter is 9 months old she plays peacefully for a short time then when she sees me passing by she screams and wants me to carry her, she behaves differently with her grand parents but when i'm around she's so clingy. i am so tired i have no time to clean the house or even fix meals for my husband an me most of the time,,or even going to the toilet or taking a shower if i'm alone with her at home.my husband is co-operative when he has time but most of the time he has to work mornings and evenings and sometime nights.. he's a surgeon . i love her i know she's a blessing but i'm crying most of the day and she's just too much to handle ,, i know this sounds trivial and all people have kids .. but really she's so irritable .. i mean nothing medical is wrong with her of course but too clinging,, i feel i'm goona have a stroke or something.. so is there really a solution or shall i wait till she just grows up??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:36 AM on Jan. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Babies crave closeness and love. Why don't you carry her around in a sling or wrap. They make is hands free and distribute the weight so you barley even feel it. She will get over it. My daughter was like this too, but I just kept holding and comforting her and telling how much I loved and would never leave her. She is now 12.5 months old and plays independently most of the day. Just give her the love and attention she craves. Most breastfed babies act like this. At least mine, lol.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 5:43 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• You have three choices..........
    1. get a sling/baby carrier and tote her around
    2. get earplugs and listen to her scream
    3. If your husband is a surgeon, then you probably could hire a nanny.

I understand what your going threw. My oldest who is 24 and married now, was a screamer and demanding baby. Darn near drove me crazy. You can honestly only hold and love your child so much I dont care what anyone says. Even the best momma's need a break. Good Luck
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 6:24 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• I've heard from so many people that girls are harder to raise them boys from the time they are born until you get over the terrible twos. Naturally girls can be cute and she's just crying for your attention. Give her some tummy time on her belly to play with a rattle or a nice warm soft teething ring or jungle play toy and let her have some alone time away from you. Some people are really lucky to have a hip baby. Do you know what I mean? Take a break, you desrve a break.
    Krishann
    MyTwoBoys210

Answer by MyTwoBoys210 at 6:38 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• U need time 2urself. Everybody gets stressed & it doesn't help u don't get a break. Could ur parents, relative or a friend spend a few hours with her. I go grocery shopping or 2the mall. It's good even if it's 1xonce a week. The sling is a good idea. I was told 2put my daughter in her room with toys and gate at her door. I was told that they have 2learn that ur not going anywhere. That u'll return. u just walk by and check on them every 5minutes (if they are upset). It'll never hurt them 2cry, it's actually really good. I wouldn't let her cry for hours but a little bit won't hurt her. I tried this once but i didn't have a gate. I didn't let her cry for very long. Do u have a bouncer or a swing that she could sit in while u do housework? I don't know if it'll help but i napped while my daughter did. I needed the rest and it helped me feel better, less stressed. Hope it gets better!
    kinzleysmommy

Answer by kinzleysmommy at 6:43 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• No, you don't have to wait till she grows up. Did you always pick her up when she cried.? If so, thats what she is used too. When you have to clean or fix meals or whatever, take her in the room with you, sit her somewhere close and just talk to her as you do what needs to be done. Your voice will help calm her down.She may cry at first, but, just keep talking instead of picking her up . When going to the bathroom, just make sure she is safe. I never took my girls with me. I think that is one place I should be able to go alone.1 minute of privacy is worth a million bucks.It gets better, then bad, then good, then bad again, then good again, etc. Just enjoy and take it one day at a time. Beofre you know it, she will be graduating and you will wonder where the time went.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 6:48 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• Usa a sling...my 6 month old daughter goes thru period like that too.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 8:15 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• ask family for more help, hire a nanny, put her in day care where she can interact with other children.....good luck, breathe sweetie!
    Adeline1210

Answer by Adeline1210 at 8:23 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• I recommend using a sling. You can get things done while still carrying her hands-free. Sounds like you have a high-needs baby. Just like mine :~) She would play contentedly for a little while, see me, and want to be held. I indulged her by doing chores for 5 mins, and playing with her for 5 mins, then chores, then her. It is extremely time consuming, but at least she wasnt screaming!!

I tell you it DOES get easier. Mine still wants me a lot, but not nearly as much as she once did. She is 14 months. Good luck mama, and lots and lots and lots of hugs.
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 9:58 AM on Jan. 18, 2009