Is It Normal to lose your sex drive??

I'm a 29 yr old new mommy! I had my son 7 months ago, and for some reason I don't get the urge to have sex with my fiance like I used to. I know it's my hormones because we're madly in love, and nothing has changed with us....is this normal to feel this way, and WHEN will my hormones go back to normal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:35 AM on Jan. 18, 2009 in Relationships

• Ladies, please, give yourselves a break! Give it a year after baby and maybe several. You are adjusting to a totally different life with a child and that is your priority. The sex does come back. It's different for everyone. It may not come back as frequently or as crazy but it eventually finds its way back into a stable relationship.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 6:42 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• I'M 37 AND LOST MY SEX DRIVE YEARS AGO " IF I EVER EVEN HAD THE DAMN THING LOL" BUT I DO STILL HAVE SEX WITH MY HUSBAND A COUPLE TIMES A WEEK TO KEEP HIM HAPPY. BUT SOMETIMES IT FEELS MORE LIKE A CHORE. HAVE U BY CHANCE TALKED TO UR DOCTOR BOUT THIS? IF SO LET ME KNOW WHAT HE/OR SHE SAYS U MAY BE ABLE TO HELP US ALL. GOOD LUCK SWEETIE :)
    shercarico

Answer by shercarico at 8:10 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• i'm in the same boat, i have 2 and i'm only 23. hope mine comes back lol kinda sucks being this young and don't feel gitty. all the docs told me was it was in my head... either from having kids or you don't feel the same about your body, you know the usual bs. they don't really know why so they tell you that it is in your head. if you doc. has better answer please let us know.
    setliff

Answer by setliff at 8:47 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• It's normal. I was preoccupied with the baby for quite a while and sex just wasn't on my mind. If you're nursing your body is still making those special hormones (I nursed for 2 yrs and it took about that long for me to get my groove back). If you haven't already, let a friend or family babysit for a few hours and see if that helps. I was uncomfortable doing it with the baby in the house even while asleep because I was too busy listening for her to get in to the act fully.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 9:28 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• I hope its normal...I am 7 mos post partum too and feel the same way :(
    ashlee31627

Answer by ashlee31627 at 11:28 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• Thanks ladies..I'm too shy to ask my doctor LOL...I have a male Doc! I can't bring myself to ask, I figured asking other mommy's was way more effective then some Doc that will just tell me it's hormones or something. I guess I just need to feel normal and that I'm in the same boat as other mom's out there!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:16 AM on Jan. 19, 2009