At what age did you let your little one sleep over at a frinds house?

Not with a relative, I mean when they were school age and wanted to go to a friends and spend the night.

ednakrabapple

Asked by ednakrabapple at 9:06 AM on Jan. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• He still hasnt, it probably wont be until he's 8 or 9 though.
    lucandpepsmom

Answer by lucandpepsmom at 9:07 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• Around 9.

Answer by gemgem at 9:08 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• My little girls had their first sleepover the other week and they're 7, but it was their friends coming here I think that they'll sleep over there at maybe 8.
    HNK11

Answer by HNK11 at 9:10 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• I don't think I'll let my children have sleepovers unless it's with relatives. I'll let them have "late nights" around 9 yrs old where I'll pick them up later than their usual bedtime.
    julipickle

Answer by julipickle at 9:48 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• My girls spent the night at their friend's house when they were 2 1/2. Her mom is one of my best friends though and it was because my husband and I were out late. It went so well that I would have no problems letting them do it again or letting their friend come here. But probably not anyone else's house.
    MommyAddie

Answer by MommyAddie at 10:15 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• My first born-son not until he was 11-but he never really wanted to sleep out. He loves having friends sleepover-he's 13 now.
    My daughter is a different story she started sleepovers at around 7.
    I want to know the parents first and trust that its a safe enviorment. You never know what goes on in someones house on a weekend night!
    deedee1166

Answer by deedee1166 at 10:24 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• Depends on the kid and the people they are going over to. My oldest started having slumber parties at her best friend's house just before she turned 5. But she had been spending the entire day over there (I mean like 8+ hours) since she was 3. They are 8 and 9 now and spend weeks together in the summer (she even goes on family vacations with them out of state). But I've known the family since I was 12 and used to do the same thing. My other kids are 7, 6 and 2 and have never slept anywhere but with family but they have never had good, close friends like that. My 6yo is good friends now with a girl down the street and I like the family so I would allow her to sleep over there. And my son has become friends with a boy at school and I like his mom so he could sleep there but not at his best friend's house because I don't know the family well enough (they speak Spanish so I can't communicate with his mom).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:38 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• I agree, it would be hard for me to let my daughter go with anyone I hadn't known my entire life no matter what the age. My daughter is only 3 and has actually never spent the night away from me. She will be staying with my cousin and her kids next weekend while I give birth, but I probably wouldn't let her go anywhere overnight til she is at least 10 and I would have to know the parents well.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 10:49 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• My children will not be allowed to sleep-over at friends houses, at any age. However, their friends may come HERE to sleep over. This way I know everything that is going on and I don't have to "worry" about what could be going on elsewhere. I figure I only have one chance at this, and I want to be able to protect my children from what I can since there will be so much that I will not be able to protect them from.
    huntannakay

Answer by huntannakay at 12:09 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• I don't know why but my oldest son is 11 and I feel weird about letting him sleep over a friends's house or him having anyone here. My husband asks me why he can't sleep over a friends house and I said, "What if there's a fire and he can't get out." I don't know. I'm a little over protective in that way I guess. It's just me. I don't know. I like it when they're in their own beds. I just don't feel like letting anyone sleep here either. I'm not in the mood. Who knows. Maybe one day I'll change my mind. It's just me.
    elainecat

Answer by elainecat at 12:28 PM on Jan. 18, 2009