Please Help got a milk question?

How soon do you start forming milk in the breast Im only almost 3 weeks and my boobs ache so bad!!!!

krysdawn09

Asked by krysdawn09 at 9:22 AM on Jan. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• At 3 weeks pregnant I doubt it will be your milk coming in. It's just sore boobs as they are more sensitive during pregnancy what with the hormones etc. Good Luck with your pregnancy.
    HNK11

Answer by HNK11 at 9:35 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• milk comes in about 2-3 days after you give birth.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 9:46 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• what you are feeling is hormone growth milk forms later on for some it can take up too after the baby comes if you have questions ask your ob
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• You can start making colostrum before the baby is here, mine actually leak colostrum. That pre-milk is what you will make the first days or even a week or so of nursing. But, this early in pregnancy you're just experiencing some of the aches of being pregnant. My breasts always swell almost immediately when I am pregnant. Totally normal. You definitely should discuss any concerns you have with your doctor. Good luck!
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 11:47 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• My boobs were pretty sore when I was prego with my son. BUt you probably won't start leaking so early. When I was prego with my son I started leaking colostrum(not milk...that doesn't come in until after the baby is born) at around 12 weeks!
    As for the sore boobs, when mine hurt really bad, I'd wear a padded bra with a sports bra on top so that they wouldn't move and they were padded for protection! Congrats!!
    Paesana82

Answer by Paesana82 at 11:57 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• They are just "gearing up" for milk production! Your milk won't actually come in until a few days after your baby's born. Mine were terribly sore and achy with all four pregnancies. Just make sure you have a good supportive bra and at night it helps to wear a sports bra.

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 10:45 PM on Jan. 18, 2009