Do you dress your age?

I am 31 and I still like to dress young. I still shop in the juniors dept. But I wonder how long can I do this and get by with it. One day it is going to look stupid! I see older women dress young and they look hideous!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:07 AM on Jan. 18, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Oh, I hate it when I see women dress like they are 16! I was at that store the other day and saw the back of this girl (well, I thought that she was young) she was very "trendy" we'll just say. She had a cute little boy with her and my youngest thought that they could play together.

Well-she turned around and I was amazed!! I would say that if I had to guess her age-it would be around 45-50. SHe was clearly the same age as my MIL.

I thought that it was sad, really.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:11 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• im 19 and dress my age :) i shop at like express, macys, buckle
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 10:11 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• Let me add, that I don't care if moms are trendy-but if your dressed like Miley Cirus when your in your 40's, no!
    Anonymous

• I'm 26 and I think I dress my age...I'm not that old yet, so I don't think I have that much to worry about??
    CarieP

Answer by CarieP at 10:25 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• Goodness I hope I'm not too old to be trendy!
    CarieP

Answer by CarieP at 10:26 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• Except for my wild hair colors, yeah. If I were 20 yrs. younger I'd be a Lolita, but since I'm pushing 40 I'd look ridiculous! Kinda bums me out because I love that look.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 10:35 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• I'm 20, and I like to think that I dress my age. I can't afford all the trendy shit, but I really don't care =]
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:44 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• Well I am also guilty of shopping in the junior section and I am 40. I often ask others if I dress too young and I am told no. However, I don't get too crazy with my clothing either. I also dress for the occassion. I wouldn't go to a school meeting in hip hop type clothes like jeans, furry boots and an Apple Bottom jacket for instance. That I would wear on the weekend to hang with friends of ours (Other married couples and their kids) or something like that. I am also often told I look more like 30. In addition, the people I ask if at times I dress too young are people I trust to tell me the truth. Husband, best friend, mom. So my advice would be to ask someone you can trust? I've seen some of those talk shows where the mom is wearing skin tight clothes some with fat hanging out and things like that! Now that's ridiculous.
    Zina4

Answer by Zina4 at 10:55 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• I'm 27 and shop at old navy
    iloveprater

Answer by iloveprater at 10:57 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• im 25. i prolly dress older than my age b/c im overweight. its kinda hard to dress trendy when (a) your poor & (b) can only fit into the plus size stuff. its always bejeweled sweaters & cotton T-shirts w/ cats on it. makes me sick...one of the reasons im trying to lose weight is so i can buy the cheapy clothes again w/o looking like the cat lady.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:13 AM on Jan. 18, 2009