I eat because I LOVE foodnot always because I am hungry!

So how can I possibly lose any weight. I just love the taste of food! I always eat my entire plate, I may be full but I keep eating because I love the taste! HELP!!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:09 AM on Jan. 18, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Try to put less on your plate, then you wont feel so guilty about cleaning your plate. I use to be VERY bad at that because our parents ALWAYS Made us clean our plates. So now I just make sure I dont put much on my plate, and then I dont feel guilty about eating it all up! LOL
    MyMayBaby_Chloe

Answer by MyMayBaby_Chloe at 10:14 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• You can lose weight quickly and stay satisfied by eating the right foods. Eat lean meats, fruits and vegetables and salads. Avoid bread, pasta and sweets. I lost 25 pounds in four months following this diet and didn't have to go hungry. You are basically eliminating the bad carbs. You can do it!
    Lisahi

Answer by Lisahi at 10:24 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• Another thing you can try is to eat really slow. Take time between bites. This allows the food time to digest and make you feel full faster.
    MeeShee

Answer by MeeShee at 10:57 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• im the same way. we are trying to cut back on cots so i stopped buying paper dishes and we use real ones that are smaller and that has seamed to help. i kind of fool myself into east smaller amounts

marissad

Answer by marissad at 11:12 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• Its called addiction.

Eat lots of fruit and plenty of greens and this will help curb them.
    Anonymous

• Eat plenty of fruits and greens as they contain all the nutrients the body needs so will help with cravings.

Make sure you are truly hungry and not just craving...have more self awareness.

Are you comfort eating possibly too?

http://www.yourfatfreedom.com
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 3:23 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• I agree its an addiction. I have a friend that can eat an entire l;arge pizza by herself. She is always eating. She will go to one restaurant and then to another. its her comfort. She is having alot of problems, children not living with her, husband left her...emotional eating.
    you may need help.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 5:13 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• I have the same problem with sweets and carbs. I have found that eating chocolate three times a day really helps me. Not just any chocolate though....I eat a chocolate that not only helps me NOT crave food, but it also, when I do eat, I eat just enough and then I really feel like I simply don't want anymore. I LOVE IT!!!! Oh yeah, you can actually LOOSE up to 1 pound a day JUST BY EATING THIS CHOCOLATE!!! www.ChocolateWOWteam.com
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 8:59 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• I have this problem so I watch what I pig out on. I keep food around to snack on like packages of cooked crab meat. It's sweet and a "leg" of it is only 80 calories. If that's not enough for me I usually have some vegetables in the frig. I boil up some carrots or pop in a sweet potato to the microwave or open a can of peas. I can't seem to stop the obsession to eat but I can change what I shove in there. I got rid of junk food and refined sugar. Before and after I head for the kitchen to munch I drink water. It's not easy being addicted to food and trying to lose weight but I lost over 40 lbs and trying like heck to lose even more.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:14 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• Buy a huge pack of gum! Everytime you want a snack, chew gum. Or do like I did and eat yogurt r fruit. I didn't really lose all I wanted to until I tried a gr8 diet pill but I know that my diet helped. Also if you excercise before you eat, your food will take longer to digest and you will fell full longer. I have lost 48 lbs since August. Oh and tons and tons of water! It flushes waste through faster and cleans your pores, which helps you sweat more. Sweat is body waste so you lose more weight!
    rockamore1

Answer by rockamore1 at 10:11 PM on Jan. 19, 2009