Would you donate your body to science?

Why or why not?

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 12:53 PM on Feb. 15, 2012 in Religion & Beliefs

• Sure. I have a neurological condition, and if my body could help others learn about it and discover new ways of treatment then all the better! At the very least, I am an organ and tissue donor.
    saphire_eyes802

Answer by saphire_eyes802 at 1:22 PM on Feb. 15, 2012

• No, I would not want them using my body to test stuff that I dont believe in - cloning is crazy to me!
    I would 100% prefer to be buried somewhere (no coffin) and let my body return to the earth asap..
    I wouldnt mind my body being used to help someone though (take my eyes, so someone can see for example).
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 5:38 PM on Feb. 15, 2012

• only if they'd be able to use it after all my viable parts were taken...or if i was sick & my body wasnt able to help those in need. to be honest i've never really thought about it.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 12:55 PM on Feb. 15, 2012

• Yes, definitely. My organs to save lives, and the rest for medical knowledge. My sister would freak, she's big on proper burial. I don't understand why the body must be intact for the soul to be retrieved.
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 1:00 PM on Feb. 15, 2012

• No. But I'm an organ donor. I saw an episode of CSI once where they were leaving these bodies naked in fields and such to see the effects of the elements on a body. I understand that it helps with solving murders and such, but I'm just too creeped out by it all. They can take my organs, and save as many lives as possible that way, then cremate my body so my children and husband can have something to hold when they miss me.

mlmkjw

Answer by mlmkjw at 1:01 PM on Feb. 15, 2012

• Sure, they can donate my body to a body farm for all I care. If my body can help save lives then I am all for it.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 1:08 PM on Feb. 15, 2012

• Yes, definitely. If my body could do any good for the people who live on after me, that would be the ultimate. I'd rather think there's a possibility of helping a med school student learn how to save lives, or helping a medical scientist get one step closer to a cure, than to just think that my body's buried six feet underground.
    Spotoftea

Answer by Spotoftea at 1:17 PM on Feb. 15, 2012

• Yes without a doubt!!
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 1:20 PM on Feb. 15, 2012

• Yes I would. If it can help why not.
    skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 2:46 PM on Feb. 15, 2012

• Depends on what I die of....
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 6:44 PM on Feb. 15, 2012