Should i let him paid me off from work?

I have been seeing this guy for abotu 2 months now. He owns a business and work 6 days a week, he also takes care of his daughter on the only day off he has and any school hoildays.

I am single mother of 2, work and school. We both obviously have responsibilities and busy in our life. At first, we worked out manage to meet 2-3 night a week, but i got yelled at by the ex MIL and the children's father. No more night out even after the boys are in bed.

He offers to pay me to take off work on the weekend, so we can have some time together without people gets on our axx. ( telling us what we didn't do ).

I understand that he does that for good meaning, not bad. However, i have too much pride to take money from men anymore. What do you all think?

Thanks

yoshiki56

Asked by yoshiki56 at 10:30 AM on Jan. 18, 2009 in Relationships

• No, imo, your never mix business and relationships....if your relationship goes south it may come back to bite you in the ass.
    anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 10:40 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• Why do you let your ex MIL and your ex hubby tell you what to do? It's your life; don't even tell them you're going out. It's not their business. If your kids are in bed and you want to go out, get a sitter or someone you trust to watch them and go out. I would not let someone pay me to take off work to see them. And I certainly wouldn't do it just b/c former family can't mind their own business.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 10:43 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• The odd thing is i move back in with the ex's parent. I am in school and need before school care 2 days a week. I don't tell them about my personal life because they tend to get upset anway, but we live in the same roof and use the same door in and out the house. They know when i am gone.
    yoshiki56

Answer by yoshiki56 at 10:50 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• If you two can not get together under normal circumstances. You should not get together then.

What I mean is, not leaving your children home alone. Unless they are old enough by law to be their alone.

Answer by louise2 at 10:54 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• Here's another thought OP. You allowing him to pay you to take days off to be with him makes you an escort not his girlfriend, IMO.
    anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 11:34 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• anetrnlow, i agree and say the same thing to him.
    yoshiki56

Answer by yoshiki56 at 11:40 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• That's got to be tricky living with the ex MIL. Makes your life like a fish bowl. I couldn't deal with that but I'm sure it wasn't your first choice of where to live. I'd feel the same way about the money exchanging, I'd feel like a paid for woman and that wouldn't work for me. Looks like you're going to have to either move out, or give up dating till you do because it's doubtful your ex MIL is going to be happy with that whole arrangement (sounds to me like she suspects you're dating and she and your ex are making it hard for you)
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 1:13 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• If you want your own life then maybe you should live on your own. You still live under their roof, and you still have to live by their rules. Don't like it then leave.
    Anonymous